I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Relocating spare

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Relocating spare

How about some ideas on how I can locate my spare tire forward as much as possible?

I was thinking get a piece of steel liek 3" wide by however long by whatever thick and bolt one end to the stock mount and have the other end attach to the spare somehow?

or

anybody know about how far back I need to be able to reach to get the spare tire out?

with my potential box idea, i might be able to just slide it forward and take it out, but I don't knwo if it will clear or not

I cna just make an amp rack on molexes that can be removed easily and booyeah theres my spare
Old 04-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
there's a thread somewhere on how to relocate your spare so that it goes under the car. try searching 'relocating spare' or something.
Old 04-09-2005
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
I found the thread I was refering to...unfortunately, the DIY isn't and hasn't been up for some time now. Maybe Derke, CEO will tell you
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=74170
Good luck
Old 04-09-2005
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
found the DIY but it sucks

I wanna relocate it just more toward the back of the trunk, not under the car, I can't see a lot of room being there if the spare tire well is already there
Old 04-09-2005
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have my tire pushed back as far as it can go and dont have it bolted in or anything. My amp rack is taking up the rest of the space under the trunk floor. It works suprisingly well and doesnt rattle or anything.
Old 04-09-2005
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'm gonna do the "under the car" method. I'll post something when I do.
Old 04-09-2005
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
please do, when I attempted it, it looked like i was driving a civic/suv.
Old 04-09-2005
Registered!!

mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY is easy.

Just need a 1/2" threaded rod, some nuts, washers, a few lock washers, a welding maching, or a friend at a muffler shop and a piece of 2" wide x 1/4" thick steel.

Just drill a hole in the trunk floor where you want the center of the spare to be. (test fit underneath with the spare first.)

drill a hole in the 2" wide steel and line it up with the hole in the floor. Weld the steel to the floor. put the threaded rod through the teel plate and weld, or bolt in place.

Cut a piece of 1/4" x 2" steel about 4" long. Drill a hole in the center. test fit the spare and cut the threaded rod as needed. Slap the spare on, put the 4" piece of steel there, and bolt it up... make sure to use a lock washer!!!!!
Old 04-09-2005
Banned

I'm not drilling in my trunk floor I just want to find an easy way to relocate my spare somehow... that can evne include not having it bolted down and just moving it forward if I can find a way to strap it down pretty good
Old 04-09-2005
Registered!!

mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
in your case, just take out the bolt that holds it. shift it as far back as you need, build your sub box and just put some foam under the spare so it doesn't clunk when you hit bumps
Old 04-09-2005
Banned

yeah thats what I think I will do

maybe also try and set up some straps that will go from the back of the trunk to the thing htat holds the spare tire in so that it doesn't move around

btw welcome back, haven't seen you on here in months
Old 05-06-2005
Registered!!

ROKSOLID is an unknown quantity at this point
strap it to the back of your car like a jeep
Old 05-06-2005

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
Industrial strength valcro?
Old 05-06-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by J187
valcro?

Velcro?
Old 05-06-2005

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by diskreet

Velcro?
You wanna tell me why Velcro wouldn't work to hold down the spare from shifting around?
Old 05-06-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by J187
You wanna tell me why Velcro wouldn't work to hold down the spare from shifting around?
Nothing against velcro, but you spelled it valcro and that sounds funny if you say it out loud

Old 05-06-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by ROKSOLID
strap it to the back of your car like a jeep
If only I could BAN
Old 05-06-2005

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
If only I could BAN
lol i concur
Old 05-06-2005

HAHA, I thought you were giving me crap about Velvro, I was ding ding ding, round one! Sorry if I sounded combative - I should've known better that you wouldn't have been a **** though.
Old 05-06-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
i thouhgt abotu a fiber glass cover ont he inside of the trunk lid.. but never measured.. probably to small