I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

new idea on subwoofers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanzee311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow new idea on subwoofers

i am not quite sure how, or if it is even possible, but i've got this idea to mount small subwoofers (8inch) behind every seat in my car. mounting them to the rear side of each seat, so as to kinda shake the seat. my friend has an old *** pick up, with a single 10 on the driver's side, wedged behind his seat. even when i sit on the passenger side it feels and sounds like it is sharper and not to mention the seat shaking.

i dont know how to go about doing this, well, the back seats might be a little easier to do, but how can i seal the 8's for the front seats? i dont really know if this will work so tell me if it seems at all possible. thanks.

btw, i have an 01 coupe ex, and this is the extent that i am fed up with the rear deck rattling.
Old 03-16-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
i think in order to mount a sub or amp onto the seat, it requires opening the seat cover and sliding a flat board of wood behind it. then you would actually mount the screws/nuts onto the wood thats underneath the car seat cover rather than the seat itself.

idk about an sub though, that may require more time, work, and thought.
Old 03-16-2005
Registered!!

i am probably gonna mount either one or two amps near the pair or all four subs, but not on the seat. i agree, it seems like it might be a lot of work, and i am kinda sketchy on the front seat with the side airbags.
Old 03-16-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

shmik1 has disabled reputation
its a neat idea, but not very practical.. my cousin had a ranger and had 1 10" behind the passenger seat (only spot to put it) it was badass, and u wouldnt need much wattage to get all the sound u'd need. (seeing as the sub is right there) I dont really think its that practical for a civic tho.. put 2 10s behind ur seats and fold them down? thats prolly the most practical way to do it.. or gut your backseat and make a custom box, and put it there.. but then its out in the open and u no longer have a useable back seat..
Old 03-16-2005

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
You are reinventing the wheel my friend. Well, sort-of. They already have bass engines or shakers. Fake bass emulators that install under the seat and shake the **** of you making it feel like you got 18s. I have a better idea. For the $$ you would spend on 8" subs + amplifiers + custom install, why don't you just simply put a 12" Adire audio or an L7 in the trunk with a brutus amp, save shitloads of money over the sub-in-seat idea and shake the hell out of your whole car if that's what turns your crank?
Old 03-16-2005
Ed
Registered!!

Ed will become famous soon enoughEd will become famous soon enough
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=299-027

there's the guy, you could give it a try, if it doesn't work, move em into your home theater It might be a good idea to have a subwoofer in addition to those, for actual sound, but it's up to you.

I have an Adire Shiva and it shakes more than enough for me.
Old 03-16-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Why?

Why do you want your seats to shake? Why would you mount speakers to the back of them (especially the front two cause it'd sound like shat. If you're absoloutely pressing and don't want the shakers, get some Basslinks and mount them under your front seats and a pair of 12's in the back.
Old 03-19-2005
Registered!!

well

i already have 2 12's in my trunk. fockford foagate punches and a 600w kenwood amp w/ audiobahn 1 farad cap. hits pretty hard, but rattles everything really bad, especially the rear deck. so i figure, turn my subs down a little bit, and add something to the back of the seat.

those bass shakers look kinda nice. and i think i have an amp sitting somehwere in my basement that might work. i dont know though.
Old 03-20-2005

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
Hmmm, good idea for home theater Ed. I used to laugh at bass shakers, but now I'm thinking Home theater, hmmmmm
Old 03-20-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ed
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=299-027

there's the guy, you could give it a try, if it doesn't work, move em into your home theater It might be a good idea to have a subwoofer in addition to those, for actual sound, but it's up to you.

I have an Adire Shiva and it shakes more than enough for me.
you beat me to it!