I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Alright...real ****ing pissed and need some help.....please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright...real ****ing pissed and need some help.....please!

well i went out to my car 3 days ago to get a cd that was in my cd player.....****ing thing wont turn on. I was like well maybe its cause it is like 4 degrees out. so i run my car for awhile and warm everything up, i mean my car was warm.....i was sweating with a jacket on. still doesnt turn on. 4th day now and i cant listne to music, get my cd out, nothing. I have held in the power button several times, twice i got it to light up but then it shuts right off. i called an audio shop they said it could be a blown fuse but then when i told them about it turning on for a split second, they said it wasnt that. i also tried holding in the reset button....still doesnt work.

what should i do?

btw, its a pioneer deh-p8500mp. i have had it a year and last winter it was just as cold and didnt do this to me at all.

PLEASE HELP....I NEED TUNES WHILE IM DRIVING AND I WANT MY AMERICAN IDIOT CD BACK!
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
Check the wiring! It could be a bad ground, or even bad power connection. Worst case scenerio, you have a bad unit.
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
Loose wire? Maybe a ground is loose? If the wires were only twisted together and then taped with electrical tape maybe cold caused them to contract and kind of pulled them appart a bit.
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

damn i was hoping it wasnt that.....im pretty sure i used those clamp things to connect all the wires....i really dont want to have to take my dash apart...im at school, have no garage, and its 10 degrees out.
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
Originally Posted by 4bangin
damn i was hoping it wasnt that.....im pretty sure i used those clamp things to connect all the wires....i really dont want to have to take my dash apart...im at school, have no garage, and its 10 degrees out.

Its the only way to find out buddy, sorry!
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

Regularjoe is on a distinguished road
Must be someone in the area w/ a garage you can use .....
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

Its a 15 minute job. Warm up the car. Then work on the car with the doors closed. You should be able to keep in some heat while the battery is unplugged.
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Regularjoe
Must be someone in the area w/ a garage you can use .....
nah...its a college town...anyone with a house doesnt have access to the garage....my house has a three car garage...but its the landlord's and i cant use it.

i guess i can warm it up and keep the doors shut, its just so much easier and less confined with the doors opened.
Old 01-19-2005

profuse007 is an unknown quantity at this point
let me say one thing first about that head unit, it sux *****. i got one right now and its screwin up.

lets see if i can help you.

w/ the key to III.....try take off the face then put it back in, then push on the front face gently and push the source button.

if that sh*t doesnt work, try to wiggle the ribbon harness of the front face (you might have to take off the surround piece to reach under the front face) while pressin source button.

i had it repaired once b4 of this same issue and now the front face is acting up. btw, if its past warranty on several months, it doesnt matter theyll still let you get it repair.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

Regularjoe is on a distinguished road
I meant some other member off here that lives in the town where you are ......
Old 01-20-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
It takes 10 seconds to pull off that entire center piece with all the dials and buttons to see what's going on back there.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

If you want help you could go to the forum on this site ( http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30 )for your local area and post a message in there. There may be people in your area that aren't into ICE but will help you out anyway.
Old 01-20-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
AMERICAN IDIOT CD!

LOL, good radio!

I hate AMERICAN IDIOT !

Until they do a punk band version
Old 01-20-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Ask your landlords nicely if you can pull your car in for a few minutes, what kind of jerk ******* would object to that??
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

lol ^ my landlord...who hates us as it is cause before we moved in, there were no parties there...now my one roommate had to quit school and work to pay for "distributing to minors" fines. i kinda ****ed that up myself.

and regular joe....who did u meet from this town? cause i have seen a few 7thgens running around with tinted windows and taillights and ****.
Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 4bangin
well i went out to my car 3 days ago to get a cd that was in my cd player.....****ing thing wont turn on. I was like well maybe its cause it is like 4 degrees out. so i run my car for awhile and warm everything up, i mean my car was warm.....i was sweating with a jacket on. still doesnt turn on. 4th day now and i cant listne to music, get my cd out, nothing. I have held in the power button several times, twice i got it to light up but then it shuts right off. i called an audio shop they said it could be a blown fuse but then when i told them about it turning on for a split second, they said it wasnt that. i also tried holding in the reset button....still doesnt work.

what should i do?

btw, its a pioneer deh-p8500mp. i have had it a year and last winter it was just as cold and didnt do this to me at all.

PLEASE HELP....I NEED TUNES WHILE IM DRIVING AND I WANT MY AMERICAN IDIOT CD BACK!
thats really weird, i have the exact same HU, mines about 2.5 years old and after the eagles beat the vikings i was driving home and my HU wouldnt turn on. i fussed with it for a little bit and then it started to power cycle, it would turn on, the front face would go down about half way, then it would turn off and fold back up, it would keep doing this routine until i turned the car off. i was able to stop it from doin that by pressin the reset button, and i could listen to the stereo with the face closed. but now it wont turn on at all, figures it would happen right when i have to start commuting about 2 hrs a day to school. I just chalked it up to the HU being old, so i ordered the 8600mp, but that wont come till tuesday, driving in silence really blows.
Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

^HELL YA IT DOES.....im ****ing lost without my tunes. I went to a audio shop yesturday and they said since it powered up but shut back off, it isnt wiring, more than likely a bad unit. soooo, im gunna get a hold of pioneer see what the warrenty is on it and i think i might only be out by a month or a month and a half, so im gunna see if they will still cover the repair. this just sucks *****. seems like this head unit is giving everyone problems....glad i didnt pay for it, it was a gift. so, either im gunna get it fixed under warrenty, or if not, ill see how much it cost (prob a fortune) so i may just throw it on ebay for a couple hundred and buy an eclipse unit or a better alpine...mayb e the alpine with the built in xm tuner so then i dont have to have the tuner wired into my trunk like it is now.
Old 01-21-2005

profuse007 is an unknown quantity at this point
i suggest not to get anything units like that, especially the 8600mp. anything moving back and forth like that everytime are bound to break.

did you try the sh*t i told you to do?

if you did and dont work, the wire that goes from the front face to the main board is prolly messed up. thats what they replaced last time.

oh yeah, heres the procedure of claimin the repair under warranty:
-call pioneer, youll have to wait up to 30min, the most. i waited for ~20min while in traffic.
-the rep will or will not offer hte repair.
-if rep let you, then she will reccomend you to a nearby electronic shop w/ a letter from pioneer.
-the HU is at the electronic shop, they are not able to fix it. theyll send it Pioneer to fix it.....viola it works again but wont last. when its fix, sell that sh*t. thats gonna be the best choice youll make.

BTW, i still have mine. sell it and get an alpine 9830 or semething like that for ~250