I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

brown bread or fatmat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
brown bread or fatmat?

Anyone experienced both? What are your opinions? Can I install them in 30F weather?
Old 01-11-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
You can, but have a heat gun to thoroughly warm up the deadener and the door panel. Once you apply with a roller, heat it up and roll again to make sure. The brown bread has MUCH LESS tar smell than fatmat and is easy to use. I got some just for fun to put on the back seat floor and it's good stuff. Doesn't smell anymore either, but it was a mild tar small to begin with.
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

radioactive77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i have used brown bread, it worked better then half the stuff out there, and its way cheaper then competitor products. and ive used alot of different stuff.

i just ordered 100sqft for my civic. only 200 dollars
Old 01-17-2005
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
anything but fatmat. It sucks. I say wait till you can afford it and get some Dynamat. Up to you though
Old 01-17-2005
Registered!!

radioactive77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
just pick up brown bread or its replacement b-quiet. it works better then dynamat extreme and will save you cash. you can get it on ebay for 100 for 50sq ft or 200 for 100sq ft, and thats cheap. this stuff is truly amazing. look at b-quiets website alot of competitors use it.
Old 01-22-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tom1178 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fatmat doesn't smell for too long, i didn't even notice it after a few weeks. 100 sq for $120. I believe dynamat costs about 4 or 5 times that amount, not worth it at all.
Old 01-22-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
I'd say FatMat ecause of the pricing. I have used it several times, and the tar smell doesn't last as long as people claim. I have 100 sq ft in my trunk, it smelled for about an hour after I installed it. I have an additional 100 sq ft. in the cabin of the vehicle, and it smelled for relatively the same amount of time. I plan on installing at least 100 sq. ft. more up front. As far as installing in cold weather. Heat gun will help, but I'd recommend renting a blower heater if doing the trunk. Take the rear bumper off and sit the blower heater approximately 10 ft away from it and let it warm the panels for about 30 minutes before attempting to install. You could also use a space heater but it'll take a little longer to warm. I used that once I turned the blower off to maintain the temp on the panels. The warmer it is, the better it'll stick, IMO. As far as releasing, an issue some have, that's a result of improper prep and installation. Make sure you thouroughly lean the panels where you'll be putting it, dry them completely, and then install and roll. I used a heat gun when rolling mine to make the product a little more malleable. I rolled it firmly as I could (I have a cnc milled roller I made in high school though, so I wasn't worried about breaking it). Just properly prepare the surface, and do all of the proper procedures when doing it. Also remember, you have to first fill gaps between panel before matting, as matting over places where there are gaps only isolates the resonance.