I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Box mounting/securing

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
custom2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok if you just want it to not move around and some security just screw thru the box into the factory piece. Yes its thin but if you put speed clips on the back side of the board then you wont have to worry about them ripped out. Personally I screwed thru the floor when i had a box because its way better security. You can trace a sub floor but odds are if someone wants your box bad enough they will pry up and the screws will pop thru 1/2" mdf. 2nd if you do a subfloor you wont be able to get it in the car as 1 piece because of the trunk opening. I live in NY and i drive my car all year and have had no problems with the screws going thru my floor and rusting anything and its going on 3 years now.
Old 05-04-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Not only is custom2k1's post correct, but because you fasten the box to a part of the car you might have it covered under insurance incase of vandalism. Typically they are reluctant to cover it because they are so easily stolen.
Old 05-04-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
straps that go over the box, and fasten to the trunk floor on wither side (if you replaced the crappy cardboard stuff with 3/4 mdf, you could use 3/4 screws and not go into the metal) Also, if you replaced the cardboard stuff, you could run some screws from inside the box and then reload your sub. it's secured to the floor, and they have to unload the box to remove it. youcould also use industrial strength velcro on the bottom of the box. I could go on and on.
Old 05-04-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Here is my suggestion

1. get a cheap 10 to 20 daller ebay rear strut bar. Like this:

2. get a peice of metal that will sandwich between the nut and the bar (see image above)

3. then take the other end of the metal that was sandwiched on the bar and screw it onto the box.

Like so: (red is the metal peices) the image draw dosen't have the metal sandwiched, but you should get the idea

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 04-14-2006 at 08:27 PM.