I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

FATMAT help

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
FATMAT help

After a long wait i finally got my trunk kit fatmat, but the weather outside is cold and it will be that way for a while. so the fatmat is really really unsticky, its almost as if there is no adhesive on it. i know i can heat it in the oven and then stick it on, but i am scared the cold will make it peal off. do u guys have any suggestions for the installation, should i use some kind of adhesive or glue or something ?
Old 11-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
i put some fatmat on in cold weather, and it proceeded to fall off the next summer. don't put it on in the cold. in warm it bonds easily (really tarry sticky stuff). if someone with a heated garage will let you park in it overnight to warm the car up and then let you install it the next day, that's about the only way you'll get it to stick in this weather. if the metal itself is cold, even if you heat the fatmat it won't stick for crap.
Old 11-25-2003
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
Thats something you have to do in a heated garage. Find a friend or someone who has a heated garage. Also make sure the fatmat, and the car is warm, or your gonna have some problmes with it sticking. Garages are nice, in the winter time.
Old 11-25-2003

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
i have a garage, and my car is in it all the time, but its not heated, so the car is still kinda cold. using a heavy duty adhesive wont cut it ?
Old 11-25-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
nah... what you COULD do, is take your trunk id off, and apply the fatmat with it in your house... let the lid heat up some in the heated house, slap teh stuff on, then put the lid back on... i always like taking the trunk lid off to apply deadener anyways... its much easier that way
Old 11-26-2003
Registered!!

syndrome is an unknown quantity at this point
I used a torch lighter with steel roller and pre-blowdried each peice of mat I put on my car, so far so good but in some spots it started to peel and i had to... duct tape it back on. imp:
Old 11-26-2003
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck getting it to stick even in warm weather. I installed my hood kit last summer and it started peeling a few weeks later. Heat makes it peel off, too. Just try and heat it real good with a heat gun and roll it on the trunk floor. At least gravity will keep it down.
Old 11-26-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
strange though, i put a LOT on my trunk lid, and i live in miami where its ALWAYS hot, and the stuff never even thought of falling off

actually, in the near future im gonna be taking the stuff off my trunk lid and redoing one or 2 things
Old 11-26-2003
Registered!!

syndrome is an unknown quantity at this point
Kermit is no longer GOD? Now whom do I bow down to???
???
Old 11-26-2003
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
ahhhh I love living in Arizona. Actually I started fiberglassing my kicks last night and it was cold. I like Dynamat Extreme. Extreme-ly overpriced but more sticky than the gum on your shoe.