I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

my HU wont flip out anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iLLuMiNaTi is an unknown quantity at this point
my HU wont flip out anymore!

Hey
I have a kenwood KDC-5019. It has like a flip-out display thingy, everytime I turn my car on it turns around and stuff, basically for security, i guess. But now when I start my car it wont flip out anymore! what can I do?!

thx in advance
Axel
Old 10-28-2003
Bodacious Member

jwalker87 is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe the motor's burned out? When you press the button to make it flip out, does it still flip out? or is it just when you turn on the car? If it still opens on command, then try looking in the manual; theres a setting so you can change whether or not it opens/closes with the car on/off
Old 10-28-2003
Registered!!

NoSpleeny is an unknown quantity at this point
Kenwood decks have problems with motors blowing out. Not something unusual. If the motor is busted completely.. just pull it out by hand.. the motor is quite loose and you can actually make the gears spin but pulling the faceplate down by itself. That's how the motors of the Kenwood decks broke at my work anyways... Stupid customers being dumb asses.. but we have customers complaining about their motors blowing on their Kenwood decks.
Old 10-28-2003
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
There are two possiblities.

1. You did blow out the motor.. if it's covered under warranty, go with that. If it isn't under warranty, you can send it back to Kenwood and they can repair it for you.. But it can be costly and time consuming. Or you can just go out and buy a new deck.

2. On the Kenwood with the DMASK+, there are two ways of turning off the deck. You can hit SRC (source) to turn it off but, if you will, the headunit is still on because the clock and the date or whatever is still shown on the display, Or you can hold the button and the entire headunit shuts off (it's used for when you take your car in the shop or for valet parking so people don't **** with your head unit), the face swivels just like what happens when you turn the car off. After you hold the button down to turn off the head unit, it won't swivel back around after you turn the car back on. Push gently on the top left hand corner of the headunit after you start the car and see if it comes back on.. if it does, there ya go.
Old 10-28-2003
Registered!!

iLLuMiNaTi is an unknown quantity at this point
It doesn't open even when I press the button..

nospleeny, what did you mean by pulling it down myself?? or were u saying that I shouldn't try doing that?

Last edited by iLLuMiNaTi; 10-28-2003 at 11:55 PM.