I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Subs stop hitting

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kempster will become famous soon enoughkempster will become famous soon enough
Subs stop hitting

as i'm driving everything with my system is fine but after i do a little bit of driving and when i come to a complete stop sometimes my subs just stop hitting. when i have my defoggers on and i come to a stop, it seemingly always stops hitting. but as soon as i start driving everything is fine. also i've had the system for almost 2 years
i don't have time to get it checked out so i was wondering if anyone knows what the problem is.
Old 09-24-2003
Registered!!

Regularjoe is on a distinguished road
Stuff works or it doesn't ..... sounds like a loose connection to me.
Old 09-24-2003
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Check your ground, RCA connections, and other wiring. I bet it's a bad ground though. If you grounded to the floor of the trunk and drilled through it, chances are water has seeped up and created a rust layer between the ground point and the frame...that will cause your amp to shut off at random times....it's happened to me.
Old 09-24-2003
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
Use a DMM and start troubleshooting. Check your resistance in your ground wire, your power wire, even the fuse. Believe it or not, I actually ran into a customer's car where the fuse wasn't blown, however it was still bad because the filament in the fuse was loose! Anyways, check your RCA's. Even check your connections in your back of the head unit.. good luck
Old 09-24-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
If you have too any things drawing power, the amp might not be getting the necessary current. Some amps will shut off to prevent damage. If I have the A/C on at night and I come to a stop, my indiglos start flickering. Revving makes the problem go away (ie not enough power being made by the small alternator).
Old 09-24-2003
Registered!!

DINGALING is an unknown quantity at this point
omg, i saw this problem before on a different forum. i bet it is when your brakes come on for a sustained amount of time. move your ground wire to a different location, and i bet you'll be good to go!

-DINGALING