General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Interior rattling sounds between 2k1 and 2k2!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Interior rattling sounds between 2k1 and 2k2!!!!!

These sounds are annoying as hell. The 2k2's are supposed to have better interior sound dappening and control than the 2k1 (contrary to the fact that the dealer told me that the 2k1 and 2k2 were identical). i have subs that cause the rear deck to rattle. also, the doors in my coupe rattle just when i hit small bumbs in the road and the suspension has to work. that happens to my rear pillars when i am driving too. anyone have any idea how to stop this.
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Service Bulletin

Get some of that tape and stick it all over the car
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

HONCIV2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
My sub has rattled the back panel in my car to pieces. It rattles non stop. I fixing to put in some 3/4" sound dampening foam in it.
Has anyone had a prob with their steering column rattling??

[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-27-2001
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Link no work, Neo. Plz fix.
Old 12-28-2001
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
i have bad reardeck noise.............bithced @ my dealer......
they said bring it down and they will fix[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
yea...........hell yea............
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-28-2001
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
if you right click on the link and choose Save As, you can save the PDF to your hard drive and view it that way. peace.
Old 12-28-2001
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Duh..if you have bass...your trunk is gonnar attle. Thats true for pretty much all cars. Get some dynamat. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-28-2001
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i fixed the rear deck rattle by folding 2 pieces of paper and sticked it between the deck and the glass, and it fixed it, you cna't see it from outside of the car because of the black window tapings
Old 12-28-2001
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
Hell Yeah!!!!! Now the dealer will have to fix the rattle I have coming from my sunroof. I dont even have sub's and the damned sunroof rattles. Thanks for that file.

Old 12-28-2001
Registered!!

GoCivicRacerGo is an unknown quantity at this point
My rear deck started rattling when I put in my new 6x9s. I took it apart last weekend to fix it, I used insulation tape around all areas where the deck made contact with the metal. It seems to work a lot better. One problem is that near the brake light, there is still some vibration. You can go in through the trunk and stuff the little holes with insulation until the problem stops.
Old 12-28-2001
Registered!!

emmagatorone is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Hell Yeah!!!!! Now the dealer will have to fix the rattle I have coming from my sunroof. I dont even have sub's and the damned sunroof rattles. Thanks for that file. >>

did you notice that the 2k1 Civic's are NOT covered in that?
Old 12-28-2001
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
I think if i raise enough hell, they will fix it. I have been to the dealer on a different occassion to fix a rattle up there, and they said they did, but the rattle came back the next day. But it also does say 1998--2001 Accord. So they will have to atleast look at. Honda prides themselves on Customer Satisfaction, and I actually have NOT recieved it from my dealer.