Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

2013 Civic LX (Base Model) Soft Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
varcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2013 Civic LX (Base Model) Soft Suspension

Hi -

My wife has a 2013 Civic LX with ~75k miles and MICHELIN PREMIER A/S 205/55R16 tires. When I drive the car the suspension feels excessively bouncy when I go through uneven roads. We will likely keep the car for another year or two but in the mean time I wanted to tighten up the suspension. What would be the best bang for the buck upgrade to stiffen up the car's suspension ?

Thank you!
Old 02-07-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,202 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 2013 Civic LX (Base Model) Soft Suspension

if you never changed the dampers, it might be time
Old 02-07-2022
Registered!!

Thanks. Should I just replace them with the OEM versions ? Should we also look into upgrading the shocks ?

Appreciate the help.
Old 02-07-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

is there really a need for stiffer shocks? Stock springs work better with stock type dampers. You could end up over-damping and it gets too stiff.
you need also need to consider there will be more parts needing replacement, like bushings, endlinks, mounts, etc.

KYB is good quality usually, check rockauto and carID
Old 02-07-2022
Registered!!

Understood, I will check the current state of the car's suspension first and try to stick to OEM. Thank you.
Old 02-07-2022
Super Moderator

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,311 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

KYB struts are either OEM or OEM quality. They would be my recommendation as the price of Honda genuine will be much higher.
Old 02-07-2022
Registered!!

Thank you. Would it make a difference if I put wider tires on the car ?
Old 02-07-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

you need to be careful about the tire diameter. changing diameter will impact speedo
if you change width but keep section height, no changes in ride harshness nor speedo, usually. If you get a taller section tire it could be a plusher ride but, well, your speedo will show lower speeds than actual speed and a cop would be waiting for you with a radar gun