Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

2012 Civic Dances Left while driving.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m1johns is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Civic Dances Left while driving.

Hello all, I'm hoping you can provide some insight as I am working with the dealer on my 2012 Civic Ex. While driving (Especially over 80km or 50 miles per hour), every crack in the road or bump causes the car to jerk to the left. It only go left and is strong enough to have caused me to hit my head on the door. I have almost lost control on a couple of occasions.

I took it to the dealer and they checked the rear alignment and said the right (Passenger) side was way out of alignment. They adjusted it and also told me that I had some inner tire wear. The car has 23,000kms on it. I got the car out of the shop and it is as bad if not worse than ever.

Any suggestions? It's going back to the dealer but I would like to offer some ideas to them.

I won't drive the car with my family in it as it is that bad and I'm a professional driver so it's not like I am being silly about it. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
Old 05-14-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Civic Dances Left while driving.

Hmm, it sounds like tie rod issues to me.
Old 05-14-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I am working with the dealer on my 2012 Civic Ex
Why are YOU working with it? Car is under warranty (unless there is accident or curb/pothole type damage, or an odd replacement tire). Let the dealer fix it by themselves.
I got the car out of the shop and it is as bad if not worse than ever.
Jeez. This isn't rocket science, but you need a tech that has more brains than a head of lettuce.

Keep returning it to them until it is fixed.
Return it immediately if not fixed, don't take it home and keep it overnight.

Take the service manager for a drive, demonstrate your problem to him.
Call the customer assistance number in your owners manuals if the dealership can't solve the problem.
Old 04-22-2014
Registered!!

0396 is an unknown quantity at this point

well.... I'm sorry you bought a LEMON. Yes a lemon, I say this because HONDA is NO LONGER the company they used to be. My story;\
I bought a new 2012 Civic HF.. the car only had 70 miles in it and being a car guy and track guy I noticed the following.. car would jump lanes a few inches at 60 mph. I took the car back to Norm Reeves in West Covina to have them recheck this 70+ miles car. They were VERY please to work on my car- UNDER WARRANTY. I spelled out the problem and also mentioned that the steering wheel is perfect 9 and 3 o'clock dead on. I get it back the a few hours later- go on the freeway and the steering wheel is tilted to the left - instead of 9 o'clock its at 8:30. Now maybe this does not bother any one- but it bother me. Turn around and the service mgr took it for a ride and says...the steering wheel could be one inch off center and just as long as it track straight - too BAD as its with in spec.. I called American Honda and in working with them...they simply mentioned - you did not buy a Porsche - so live with it!...so American Honda...after 6 new Hondas- no more for me as I will look else where ...as I just bought a 2014 Subi WRX STI. The car still behaves ...simply a nervous behavior on the freeway. Honda - you fooled me once and that was enough- I'm out. To the OP, good luck>
Old 04-27-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Opinions should not be formed of an entire car company, based on one individuals experience with a single vehicle.

In my opinion.
Old 05-06-2014
Registered!!

linton23 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2007 Civic sedan and have noticed a strange sway in the backend when I hit manhole covers or a wavy road. Its worse when I have my family in the back seat. I had it in the shop earlier today and he checked the shocks and struts and saw nothing to raise a concern. I guess I am taking it an hour away to the nearest Honda store to let them have a look.
Old 06-13-2014
Registered!!

civicvtecvtec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 0396
well.... I'm sorry you bought a LEMON. Yes a lemon, I say this because HONDA is NO LONGER the company they used to be. My story;\
I bought a new 2012 Civic HF.. the car only had 70 miles in it and being a car guy and track guy I noticed the following.. car would jump lanes a few inches at 60 mph. I took the car back to Norm Reeves in West Covina to have them recheck this 70+ miles car. They were VERY please to work on my car- UNDER WARRANTY. I spelled out the problem and also mentioned that the steering wheel is perfect 9 and 3 o'clock dead on. I get it back the a few hours later- go on the freeway and the steering wheel is tilted to the left - instead of 9 o'clock its at 8:30. Now maybe this does not bother any one- but it bother me. Turn around and the service mgr took it for a ride and says...the steering wheel could be one inch off center and just as long as it track straight - too BAD as its with in spec.. I called American Honda and in working with them...they simply mentioned - you did not buy a Porsche - so live with it!...so American Honda...after 6 new Hondas- no more for me as I will look else where ...as I just bought a 2014 Subi WRX STI. The car still behaves ...simply a nervous behavior on the freeway. Honda - you fooled me once and that was enough- I'm out. To the OP, good luck>

it sounds like a terrible story. feel sorry