Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

2012 Civic SI HID/LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abogeas is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Civic SI HID/LED Headlights

I recently purchased a 2012 SI and was interested in purchasing HID headlights for it. I have been having a hard time finding HID or LED headlights for the newer models of the SI. I was wondering if headlights that fit in the older models would fit in the 2012 or if they wouldn't because it's a different generation model. Also any links to headlights that would work in the 2012 SI for sale online at a good price would be great!

Thank you!
Old 07-08-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2012 Civic SI HID/LED Headlights

HID kits are "universal" so there is not a specific model that fits a particular car. If your actually looking for headlight housings then its going to be generation specific.

If you want and HID kit then all you have to do is get the proper relay harness and bulb that matches the current bulb that you have in your car.

Link to HID bulbs and ballasts:

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

If you want to do a proper HID conversion then you need to do a retrofit. This is where you put projector's into your existing headlight housings. HID lights are meant to be projected rather then reflected like a standard bulb. For more info on that click link:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/
Old 07-08-2013
Registered!!

Perfect! Thank you! How about black headlight covers for a 2012 SI coupe? Those would obviously have to be for that specific make and model correct? Any links possibly to any?
Old 07-08-2013
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

There are 3 options:

-Apply a cover like lamin-x:

http://www.lamin-x.com/

-Buy new smoked headlight housings.

-Buy the headlight smoking spray at an auto parts store and do it yourself.

Just remember your headlights won't work as well (even with HIDs). It also could be illegal in your state, so check.
Old 07-08-2013
Registered!!

got it...What do you think is best for something like this?

http://www.ultimateautoaccessories.c...ers%20Misc.jpg

and also would that get rid of the "orange" headlight or would I have to switch that out on my own? Or would that be taken out when I purchased the HID?
Old 07-08-2013
Registered!!

Also any links to any LED tail lights that would fit the 2012 SI?
Old 07-09-2013
Prelude Owner

To get rid of the orange you will probably have to buy new headlights, unless you want to open up the headlights to see if the yellow is removable.

Never used any of the products, but the covers would probably be best in my opinion.

For rear LED tails check google shopping. Just be cautious of cheap tail lights due to fitment and longevity issues.