Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Remote Car Starters

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gizmo is an unknown quantity at this point
On the part about removing the key and taking off, I believe you have to remove the bypass to do that which I would think would shut off the car. Even if not, at least on my alarm, if you start the car but leave it armed and someone somehow gets in without setting off the alarm (crawl through window), putting the key in and turning will set the alarm off anyways causing the car to shut off.

However, you always have to remember. If someone really wants to steal your car and know how, they can alarm or no alarm. Best defense is not to leave stuff in the car that they would want to take.
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sawgunner06 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a Viper 550 ESP I got when I was working at Circuit City. I love my remote start. Shoot I even got my Street Glow Undercar kit hooked up so that there is no switch in my car to turn them on or off, I just use the remote for my alarm. Nobody will steal your car because if your key is not in the car then when someone or you hits the break to charge gears the car will turn off. And you can remote start your car and forget about it because after 12 min it will trun off by itself. You can even program it to start every couple hours. I love my remote start. I am planning on getting window MODS for it as well so that I can roll down the windows woth the remote as well. You know for them really hot days when you get in your car and it feels like your on fire. With the MODS you can toll down your windows a little, half way, or all the way and then roll them up with out even having to get in your car.