Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Rear bumper Fog light

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MackerRs is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear bumper Fog light

In European 7Th gens they have an ugly fog light stuck to the right hand side of the rear bumper. Any of the aftermarker kits dont have this cut out for the foglight, and unfortunately its illegal not to have one. Anyone have any ideas on a location for this foglight if I buy a a new rear bumper.
Old 09-15-2002
Registered!!

SatinSilver2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
you'd probably have to get a custom job done on your aftemarket bumper...i'm sure a body shop could cut a hole that would accomadate that...

one other thing i noticed when i was in spain this summer is that the 7th gen coupes have fugly headlight washers....they looked[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-15-2002
Registered!!

TYPE7RS is an unknown quantity at this point
it seems a lot of european cars have a weird tail light assembily. Like the mercedes and saabs with one tail light that glows as bright as the head lights do! i guess europeans have a problem with rear-ending other drivers.
Old 09-15-2002
Registered!!

nytejade is an unknown quantity at this point
It's an auto-bahn light...
Old 09-15-2002
Registered!!

toastyghosty is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: MackerRs
In European 7Th gens they have an ugly fog light stuck to the right hand side of the rear bumper. Any of the aftermarker kits dont have this cut out for the foglight, and unfortunately its illegal not to have one. Anyone have any ideas on a location for this foglight if I buy a a new rear bumper.[hr]

DIY with a dremel =o)
Old 09-15-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
state vehicle codes specify maximum and minimum height for lights on a car, including candlepower. id look yours up and then consider your options. it seems that keeping your car street legal is very importnat, so it would be a shame to relocate your light to a mount just under your bumper to avoid making a cutout to find out that it has to be a minimum of 14" off the ground or some such silly restriction.

that way, when you get pulled over and ticketed, you cna get it thrown out in court [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]