Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Exhaust Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lillone is an unknown quantity at this point
Exhaust Ideas

Ne ideas for a bolt on exhaust?? Is it worth it?? Suggestions would be str8[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Royando is an unknown quantity at this point
DC sports TCS, i have it, i love it, its worth it (to me)[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point
if your going for the i/h/e combo it adds power, otherwise its just noise pollution.
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
no bolt on mod including intake headers or exhaust will give you an outstanding gain on power. we did a price vs hp ratio once on what gain you'll get for the amount price. i believe it was

intake $90 per 1 hp

header $ 200 per 1 hp

exhaust $185 per 1 hp

do bolt on mods for the sound and the appearance. not for performance. if the apperance and sound is worth what you're going to spend go for it..
Old 08-28-2002
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Originally posted by: djlunatic
no bolt on mod including intake headers or exhaust will give you an outstanding gain on power. we did a price vs hp ratio once on what gain you'll get for the amount price. i believe it was

intake $90 per 1 hp

header $ 200 per 1 hp

exhaust $185 per 1 hp

do bolt on mods for the sound and the appearance. not for performance. if the apperance and sound is worth what you're going to spend go for it..[hr]
don't listen to this guy.

when building a car, every little ounce of horsepower counts. upgrade the exhaust...then when time/money permits, hit the headers...but do an intake first.

pulleys are also a great way to gain HP. it might not be much, but when you add them all up, you can gain quite a bit in comparison to our stock sloth engines.

Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: tekgnosis
[hr]Originally posted by: djlunatic

intake $90 per 1 hp

header $ 200 per 1 hp

exhaust $185 per 1 hp

do bolt on mods for the sound and the appearance. not for performance. if the apperance and sound is worth what you're going to spend go for it..[hr]
don't listen to this guy.

when building a car, every little ounce of horsepower counts. upgrade the exhaust...then when time/money permits, hit the headers...but do an intake first.

pulleys are also a great way to gain HP. it might not be much, but when you add them all up, you can gain quite a bit in comparison to our stock sloth engines.[hr]
the only way to get outstanding performance from our little four banger is to drop weight and to use forced induction ei turbo, super charger, nitrous
bolt ons don't give alot even when combined. do your reserch, read more posts and you'll see first hand examples of other members on the site who have plenty of bolt ons that look great. but the car still isn't fast. add all the bolt ons u'd like and u most lilky would not add a total of more than 15 hp. think of it from a manufacture point of view if they could bolt on 20 hp from a i/h/e option for $1000+ as a mark up trim package they would do it to make they're cars look better on paper the the competition. honda did a good job of squeezing every little hp out of the d 17 they could.

point of post: dont expect much from bolt ons tekgnosis
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

01civic911 is an unknown quantity at this point
i really think instead of asking others, just do a search and let the words speak for themselves. there have been a couple posts that people have said they had an intake, took it off and went back to the stock air filter, and they actually felt the car to be stronger without the intake. people will tell you the bolt-ons add horsepower, what they add are sounds that make you say to yourself, "listen to that, thats gotta be helping my car" its all in the head, and if you want it all and want to tell yourself you have an extra 25 horses under your hood, then so be it. do what you want and what you think is best, but bolt ons will not really give you jack.
Old 08-28-2002
Turbos, Engines, Chassis and Suspension Tech

4drcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
the i/h/e will improve throttle response alot IMO. Exhaust alone is quite a bit better response.
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: 4drcivic2k1
the i/h/e will improve throttle response alot IMO. Exhaust alone is quite a bit better response.[hr]
that's true. as for HP, it's doubtful that they make a lot of it. there's always custom piping, it's usually cheaper.