Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Ideas on rear spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteRiceBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Ideas on rear spoilers

I currently have an OEM spoiler, and I love hwo it looks however being as ricey as I am I want a bigger wing[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Sooooooooooo, I was thinking of putting a fully carbon fiber EVO VII spoiler on the back and see how that works out, I would love some input and perhaps a photoshop?

Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

KurupTLX is an unknown quantity at this point
lol @ Evil
That would look kife man.. keep the stock one or find one that actually looks like it would suit the car
The EVO one would not...

K-lx
Old 08-28-2002
aki
Registered!!

aki is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: WhiteRiceBoi
I currently have an OEM spoiler, and I love hwo it looks however being as ricey as I am I want a bigger wing[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Sooooooooooo, I was thinking of putting a fully carbon fiber EVO VII spoiler on the back and see how that works out, I would love some input and perhaps a photoshop?

[hr]
That would be ultra-ricey (but I guess your name implies that you don't mind being labelled that).

You would make an understeering FF car understeer even more. And probably look pretty goofy while you're at it.

Make a statement with something a little more subtle and practical.

-Aki
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point
oh damn now this is funny...
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

WesDLuke is an unknown quantity at this point

Really quick and dirty

hard to really tell. I will try with a diffrent color.

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] Honda black rear side WITH Evo7 wing.jpg (29 Kb)
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Are these any better?

Not that great, but took like 2 sec - so....

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] civic copy.jpg (45 Kb)
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] civic copy2.jpg (45 Kb)
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

2K2SilverCivicSiR is an unknown quantity at this point
somehow the silver one looks nice to me.. haha...
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

dont sit quite right the car and spoiler are kinda strange looking im gonna do a nice sketch tomorrow and scan it in to show yall what it would look like, I am also considering spoilers form the previous Lan Evos too, I just think it'll be somethign original to add and give me somethign else to spend money on hehe, I know its ricey as hell but i really dont care about "rice" anymore, because it has gotten slightly out of hand, let people do Whatever the hell they want to their car, youre not paying for it so STFU, although some of the cardboard body kits and type R civic LXs and EXs need to be made fun of sometimes, but its really getting old.

I've been in the import scene before the Rice Page, before altezzas, and before the notorious FATF movie which has inspired so many lame cars to follow suit, I remeber having a DSM Diamante and wanting to modify its engine with 3000 GT SL parts, but the car fell apart and was a money pit so I sold it before I could get the chance. Back in the day it was just fun to talk about cars and doing crazy stuff to them,(rigging up stuff ona budget, etc) and nobody said rice this or rice that, but we knew if it was whack. Then that moron korean kid who couldnt keep his stupid mouth shut had to make that stupid *** page, and I admit it was funny, and we all laughed at it, and the silly ricers, but now its just old and people keep on perpetuating its stupidity, get over it. What my sig means BTW is that I take the ricers rice away and put it on me car, caus eim the ultimate ricer. MUGEN RICER TYPE R BISHES.
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

inca is an unknown quantity at this point
what do you think of the kaminari ktrII wing?? im thinkin about getting that one but with the carbon fiber blade insert

EDIT: btw i feel the same way about the rice thing. friggin rediculous. i say go for whatever you want!
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

{sarcasm}

Dang! Sorry for trying!

Next time I will keep my Besie Pen Tool to myself

Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Jadastyles is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah i was going the same way as white rice man with the Evo wing. I posted that a long time ago. But ill tell ya its alot cheaper than the Kamanari KTR wing. To me they both almost look the same if you can imagine it
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: WesDLuke
{sarcasm}

Dang! Sorry for trying!

Next time I will keep my Besie Pen Tool to myself[hr]
hehe oh im so sorry dude, lol i meant to say thank you but i totally forgot, i didnt mean to sound like i didnt appreciate it i knwo its kinda a pain in the *** to get into PS and try to get this stuff to work man, I just wanted to say thanks hehehe mah bad man, dont take it the wrong way. I also agree on the Kaminari Wing thats always a fall back plan, there is also a MUGEN Type R Accord rear spoiler I've been chacking out too, it might look nic eon our cars.
Old 08-28-2002
The dog told me to do it

Explosivo is an unknown quantity at this point
Try the kaminari wing... that looks tight in my opinion...
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
want rice? just glue another spoiler on top of the one you already have; add a red light on one side and a green light on the other, and put a big BOEING or AIRBUS sticker on it.

maybe your handling would be even better if you added a rudder in the middle? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

theguysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
Why not put the Evo VII wing on top of the factory wing ? And then put the Kaminari wing on the hood .

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

J/K...do what you want, it's your car [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] !
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

atomicblue is an unknown quantity at this point
you can also put a wing on the roof. that'll make you faster. the more wings you have the faster you will go. also, slap on some TYPE-R stickers, TYPE-S stickers, GTR and SPEC-V Stickers and you'll be really fast. Nothing's faster than 127 HP, an Ugly rear spoiler, and tons of stickers that don't apply to the car.
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

civicdeveloper is an unknown quantity at this point
i just ordered my kaminari wing with cf insert
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Luda is an unknown quantity at this point
WesDLuke could you please post a DIY on how to peform the Photoshop color overlay that you performed on the base silver civic! I always wanted to be able to do that!!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

inca is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: civicdeveloper
i just ordered my kaminari wing with cf insert[hr]
take pics. take lots of pics
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: atomicblue
you can also put a wing on the roof. that'll make you faster. the more wings you have the faster you will go. also, slap on some TYPE-R stickers, TYPE-S stickers, GTR and SPEC-V Stickers and you'll be really fast. Nothing's faster than 127 HP, an Ugly rear spoiler, and tons of stickers that don't apply to the car.[hr]
Have a spoon, eat my *** n00b.
Old 08-28-2002
DMX
Registered!!

DMX is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] grilldog.gif (43 Kb)
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone have M3 lip spoiler on Civic coupe? they look [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Luda
WesDLuke could you please post a DIY on how to peform the Photoshop color overlay that you performed on the base silver civic! I always wanted to be able to do that!!!!

Thanks in advance!![hr]
ok. sure.

DIY

1) Create a new layer

2) Using one of the various tools, select just the pain of the car. Don't select the windows, headlight, license plate, etc. (I used the Polygonal Lasso Tool)

3) With the new layer selected, fill the selection with the desired color. You can use the paint bucket, Edit>Fill, or alt + backspace.

4) Then click where it says “Normal” at the top of the ‘Layers Pallet’ and select “Multiply”. (you can try ‘Overlay’ but I think ‘Multiply’ will give the desired effect)

5) Your done!!

Optional:

6) You can adjust the color further it you like, by having the new layer selected and while holding down alt clicking on the ‘Adjustment Layer’ icon at the bottom of the layers pallet and choose Hue/Saturation, Levels, Brightness/Contrast, or Curves. (use a combination of these to tweak the color to get it the way you want it)

7) On the dialogue box that appears, click the check box next to “Group with Previous Layer”. That way the layer adjustment will only affect the fill color, and not the whole image.

8) Play with the sliders to see how it affects the color and that’s it.

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] DIY 01.jpg (11 Kb)
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] DIY 02.jpg (37 Kb)
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] DIY 03.jpg (32 Kb)
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] DIY 04.jpg (37 Kb)
Old 08-29-2002
aki
Registered!!

aki is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, you wanted our opinions, so you should've been ready for good and bad responses.

Spending a couple hundred dollars to make your car understeer more is a waste. Well, I guess none of us would drive fast enough to actually pull an understeer turn while speeding at speeds excess of 100 mph.

Aesthetics and practicality go hand in hand. A huge wing's highly unpractical, therefore it doesn't look good. Why do people ooh and aahh looking at vented slotted brembo's? Cus' they represent good braking. A rear spoiler on a Civic represents all show no go.

If your civic was a 200HP FR car would that spoiler look good? Yes, I think it would ...or at least the PS images look like it would.

-Aki
Old 08-30-2002
Registered!!

Please Tell me what civic is not all show and no go.... Civics arent sports cars, I think putting aside the fact that I drive....*GASP* yes a FF Civic and I want a spoiler purely for aesthetics, what is wrong with that.

I am not fooling myself into thinking the wing is gonna give me better handling or better grip on the rear tires.

I did not buy a civic to say it was a race car, I wanted a spoiler PURELY for aesthetics, and did not ask for your opinions on its functionality because not to toot my own horn but I probably know better whether a modification will increase or descrease my performance. I merely asked a question whther it would suit the body lines of a civic, not a stupid discourse from trained monkeys who hate anything that doesnt add perfromace to their car, or takes it away.

Guess what you drive a civic, its slow it's not meant for performance, I get many compliments from people on the street, friends, family, fellow import enthusiasts, hell even from the Domestic boys, one of the nascar freaks told me that my car looks better everytime he sees it. If I want a car for the track I would buy a different car and modify it to meet performance needs I might have, I really don;t care what you or anyone else thinks is rice, I just wanted to voice my opinion on this issue and also, to maybe get some feedback on my real question.

In fact if any of you critics can give me a diagram which takes into account the drag this particular wing would create on my particular car and at what speed it would affect its performance then you could talk, all you can say is, that's rice, but the sad part is that you can't even prove anything with mathematical support, because all you do is bullsheeit about something you heard your friend say who heard it from the guy at the import shop who really is a grease monkey from Korea who never finished school and has not a thread of calculus/physics proficiency.

STFU.
Old 09-03-2002
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, not locked yet?

whitericeboi = OMG rice boy!!111