Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Injen CAI install directions

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Injen CAI install directions

Removing the bumper worries me. I don't know if its that hard, but I was told by a guy when I called Injen that installing the Race Division intake was easier than changing oil. If you've done this install, how hard is it? How long did it take, and is this a one man job? or should I call a bunch of friends over to help. If someone has a DIY, that would be great. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
IT COMES WITH DIRECTIONS. Took me about 10 minuets to install it, and yes its a 1 man job. Its incredibly easy. You can pay me to install it for you.
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Removing the bumper should not worry you. Its easy and actualy kind of fun. Just make sure you keep everything organized and platic bags helps alot for each of the different bolts/screws.
Old 07-24-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
its really ez to take off front bumper..
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Paul likes to take it off just for fun. If we stop at a parking lot boom that babys off. I think he has an infatuation with taking off his front bumper? Just dont turn out like him..
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: PseudoChrist
Paul likes to take it off just for fun. If we stop at a parking lot boom that babys off. I think he has an infatuation with taking off his front bumper? Just dont turn out like him..[hr]
Is that why he has like an 1" gap between his bumper and hood where they are supposed to seal?

But really you dont even need to take off your bumper to install, i didnt and it took me less time then if i did take it off. Just go in from behind in your wheel well. make sure you turn your wheel all teh way to the left first so you can actually work in there.
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
I just took my wheel off. That made it easier.

Then the next week, I just took the thing off to install the airhorns. It is VERY easy.

Here's a list of the fasteners that need to be undone:
4 plastic pop rivit clip things on top of the grill
4 plastic pop rivit clip things at the bottom of the bumper
2 phillips head screws at the bottom
2 bigger plastic pop rivet things at each end of the rubber spoiler thingy on the bottom
2 8mm head screws in the wheelwell.

easy!

And the bumper really isn't that heavy as the DIY leads you to believe. Just be careful when pulling it off so it dosn't hit the floor. A one person job.
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
i didnt have to remove my bumper!!! i just cut out the whole for the pipe to fit in my firewall and turned my tires as needed! no bumper removal nessecary!!!
Old 07-25-2002
Since 2002 Baby!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
10 MINUTES, DAMM THATS QUICK. THATS THE FASTEST INSTALL ON AN INTAKE I'VE HEARD YET. GOOD JOB! SO ALL OF YOU SAY THT ITS EASY RIGHT, BUT DOES THAT GO FOR SOMEONE WHO HASN'T DONE MUCH UNDER THE HOOD. ARE THOSE INSTRUCTIONS PRETTY EASY TO FOLOW? THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE OPINIONS. EVERY ONE HERE ALWAYS MAKE IT SOUND LIKE WE DON'T NEED THOSE INSTALL PEOPLE TO DO EVERYTHING, COOL. DIY! More modivation!

-Chicohonda02
Old 07-25-2002
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
I love motivation energy.
Old 07-25-2002
Registered!!

Niter1dah is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say remove the bumper, Not only can you see where everything clearly goes but you might not even have to cut a hole in the splash guard as I glued back the piece I cut out. You can also take better pictures of your install! Its like your car taking baby's first steps hehe.

Search through the forums on the Injen CAI installation and ive posted some decent instructions about a well known problem associated with the lower portion of the CAI. Be careful about the grounding pin you connect the bracket to or you could be in for a headache.
Old 07-25-2002
Registered!!

StraightEdgeCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i just put in my injen CAI today (thanks to alex!)..and it works great....it took alex like 20-30 minutes..and he was moving fast.
Old 07-25-2002
Registered!!

JoeyCrack is an unknown quantity at this point
I installed mine w/out evenn removing the bumper, all u have to do is remove your right tire and splash guards, it took me 15 min, w/ no help to install completely......If u have any ?'s ,I'll be glad to help. Good luck, It will definetely be worth the work ,no matter how u do it
Old 07-25-2002
Registered!!

JoeyCrack is an unknown quantity at this point
If u dont mind, How much did u pay for yours?
Old 07-25-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the info guys....
I don't have it yet. I'm trying to get info. I can't decide whether or not I want the AEM CAI (which I know I can install) and the Injen CAI, which I can't quite figure out how it goes in there. It seems like the placement of the Injen filter is better, it's less likely to flood although it seems to me that dunking the AEM filter in 7" of water is pretty tough to do also. Is there any marked power gain of one over the other? Or is it just personal preference? I'd really like to take a look at the Injen Instructions if anyone has them posted on the internet. AEM was nice enough to e-mail me the install instructions, but Injen wouldn't do it.
I took a look up in the right front wheel well, trying to see how the splash guard comes off, or to see if there is any way to go underneath and get into where the filter goes. I really can't find a way. Also, what is the problem with the lower section of the pipe? Is it a very tight tolerance fit? Or just a case of bad design?
As far as prices go... I was looking at 195 for the AEM and 199 for the Injen.