Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Body Kit Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Body Kit Fit?

I'm planning on getting a body kit for my civic in the near future, but whenever I see people on here mention how they never fit properly, it's quite discouraging. Why don't they fit? You'd think if you were dishing out over a grand for the body kit, not even painted, you would expect the bloody thing to fit. If it doesn't fit, generally how do you get a body kit to fit and how much extra does one have to dish out to do so? Is urethane overall better then fibreglass, or in the end does it even matter, after painting? I just wanted to get some input from other people on this topic...hopefully I don't cause a "war" over this [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]. THNX!
Old 06-27-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

snoopbag is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone says fiberglass sux. Fiberglass is very rigid and usually doesn't line up with oem holes.
on the other hand urethane is very flexible and generally fit pretty well. I don't know why they can't get fiberglass kits to fit better but I guess it is not an exact science. Getting a fiberglass kit to fit properly depends on how much labor is involved in getting it to fit right. Hope this helps.
Old 06-27-2002
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
fiberglass does suck dude the reason it is bad is they people who make them dont spent time on them and most are hand laid i trust a machine over someones hand