Exhaust Question - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2002   #1  
Registered!!

sc1golfr is an unknown quantity at this point
Exhaust Question

ive searched but didnt really find anything. if i were to get the HKS Hiper Exhaust (rear section) thats on optauto.com for 288 and then removed my resonater, would it be loud? im looking for a loud exhaust by the way
sc1golfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002   #2  
Registered!!

UNPREDICTABLE is an unknown quantity at this point
hahah same problem i got stuck with i wanted a nice sound too so this is what i did i went and bought a sraight through universal muffler slapped it on no noise what so ever so i went to the car club shop they put a straight pipe on no cat no resonators nothing staight to the headers it made a little better sound but it was stoll a sleeper so it turns out in order to get the sound youre looking for you have to get a header because theres actually a cat on the header which has major restriction get the rear section and header and youll be getting awesome sound i was disapointed but all it took was a little mooney lol
UNPREDICTABLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002   #3  
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want loud get that muffler and get 2.25" piping from the cat to the muffler, no resonator
nbpEMCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002   #4  
Registered!!

AceKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
hold on
Quote:
[hr]hahah same problem i got stuck with i wanted a nice sound too so this is what i did i went and bought a sraight through universal muffler slapped it on no noise what so ever so i went to the car club shop they put a straight pipe on no cat no resonators nothing staight to the headers it made a little better sound but it was stoll a sleeper so it turns out in order to get the sound youre looking for you have to get a header because theres actually a cat on the header which has major restriction get the rear section and header and youll be getting awesome sound i was disapointed but all it took was a little mooney lol [hr]
of course this had to be from a newbie. Since when did our headers have a cat in them. from one the cat is welded on to the down pipe of the header and there is no cat resonator its jsut a resonator. but if you want a loud exhasut then this is what u need to do. Ok for one buy some new headers I perfer Hp headers the full set it comes with a high flow cat attachment, then get a custom 2.5 piping or get a racing exhasut system u might want to try Skunk2 or Spec III racing exhasut. but if ur going with custom piping then get 2.5 in and get the skunk2 muffler. I didi that and i have the loudest civic in va.beach. Another thing that will help is get an cai intake I'd say Injen but thats what I did.
AceKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002   #5  
Registered!!

maverickja17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ace-
He may have an LX, for us the cat is actually part of the header, which sucks a lot.
maverickja17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002   #6  
Registered!!

UNPREDICTABLE is an unknown quantity at this point
actually i do have an lx and the cat is part of the header [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
UNPREDICTABLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002   #7  
Registered!!

SWEET is an unknown quantity at this point
YES
SWEET is offline   Reply With Quote