Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Exhaust Question (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/40606-exhaust-question.html)

sc1golfr 06-13-2002 08:10 PM

Exhaust Question

ive searched but didnt really find anything. if i were to get the HKS Hiper Exhaust (rear section) thats on optauto.com for 288 and then removed my resonater, would it be loud? im looking for a loud exhaust by the way

UNPREDICTABLE 06-13-2002 09:18 PM

hahah same problem i got stuck with i wanted a nice sound too so this is what i did i went and bought a sraight through universal muffler slapped it on no noise what so ever so i went to the car club shop they put a straight pipe on no cat no resonators nothing staight to the headers it made a little better sound but it was stoll a sleeper so it turns out in order to get the sound youre looking for you have to get a header because theres actually a cat on the header which has major restriction get the rear section and header and youll be getting awesome sound i was disapointed but all it took was a little mooney lol

nbpEMCivic 06-14-2002 12:54 AM

If you want loud get that muffler and get 2.25" piping from the cat to the muffler, no resonator

AceKicker 06-14-2002 05:47 AM

hold on

[hr]hahah same problem i got stuck with i wanted a nice sound too so this is what i did i went and bought a sraight through universal muffler slapped it on no noise what so ever so i went to the car club shop they put a straight pipe on no cat no resonators nothing staight to the headers it made a little better sound but it was stoll a sleeper so it turns out in order to get the sound youre looking for you have to get a header because theres actually a cat on the header which has major restriction get the rear section and header and youll be getting awesome sound i was disapointed but all it took was a little mooney lol [hr]
of course this had to be from a newbie. Since when did our headers have a cat in them. from one the cat is welded on to the down pipe of the header and there is no cat resonator its jsut a resonator. but if you want a loud exhasut then this is what u need to do. Ok for one buy some new headers I perfer Hp headers the full set it comes with a high flow cat attachment, then get a custom 2.5 piping or get a racing exhasut system u might want to try Skunk2 or Spec III racing exhasut. but if ur going with custom piping then get 2.5 in and get the skunk2 muffler. I didi that and i have the loudest civic in va.beach. Another thing that will help is get an cai intake I'd say Injen but thats what I did.

maverickja17 06-14-2002 01:50 PM

Ace-
He may have an LX, for us the cat is actually part of the header, which sucks a lot.

UNPREDICTABLE 06-14-2002 03:03 PM

actually i do have an lx and the cat is part of the header [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

SWEET 06-15-2002 09:32 PM

YES