Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Octane body kit from Importtrenz.com...GARBAGE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
philliesblunt420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Octane body kit from Importtrenz.com...GARBAGE!

I recently ordered the Octane body kit for my civic from Importtrenz.com and it is absolute f'n garbage....
The four parts were placed in one box with no packaging except a too small piece of bubble wrap on the rear bumper which didn't cover or protect the ends or separating materials. The corners and edges of the kit are chipped and cracked, have uneven and wavy cut lines under where the headlights are positioned and along the side skirts, and even a hole in the front bumper that is skinned over. Also the front and rear bumper had extensive bubbling and chips/cracks and fraying fiberglass on several edges. There are even spots that were attempted to be fixed up with bondo with is unacceptable on a "new kit". There were two or three pieces of small bubble wrap lying on the bottom of the box which led me and the guy who does my body work to believe this kit had been returned to Importtrenz by someone else and then reshipped to us. He also stated that he felt that the front bumper had been repaired once before. I talked to a salesperson and was told the parts would require "about 1 hour of prep work" which my body shop emphatically disputes. He pointed out that it said in their disclosure statement, that their shipped parts are "as is". So is it their policy to ship unserviceable parts and then to penalize their customers by claiming no futher responsibility?
I then asked to talk to a manager, both were "out" at the time and I was told I would recieve a call from them in 45 min. to an hour.....I never did.
At this point I have initiated a "Payment in Dispute" claim through merchant resolution department of VISA.
I then had to pay the shipping ($150+!!) for the return of the defective kit that should have never been sent to me in the first place. They now want me to pay a 25% restocking fee on the kit. I believe their packaging methods may have led to some or all of the damage to the four parts that were bumping and banging into each other during shipment. I sent Importtrenz an e-mail to their customer service department describing the problems close to 2 weeks ago and still havn't gotten a reply.

Sorry about the lenghty post but I wanted to warn any potential buyers so they won't be faced with the same problems I was. Importtrenz obviously could give a **** less about customer satisfaction...
Old 06-03-2002
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks completely. Sell it on Ebay and use pics of the kit from the manufacture. Tell them in the auction it was never used and is brand new. Just an idea. I'm just making a mental note not to buy the octane kit on Ebay. got it.
Old 06-03-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Dont sell it talking it up like its brand new if you didnt like the way it looked why would you sell it to someone like that....either sell it explaining the defects or take it back but selling it to someone like its new like ASW said to is just wrong i personally would be pissed if i thought i was getting a great kit and got that inste3ad then you have someone breathing down your back for that
Old 06-03-2002
Registered!!

black is an unknown quantity at this point
You both hit good points. So now what will it be Mr. 420?

ps- What do you Blaze? DL though, lotta muted-out hating flamerz on this site.
Old 06-03-2002
Registered!!

Cristo is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to www.bbb.com and file a complaint against them
Old 06-03-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
When I got stonewalled by the vendors for WeapoR because their SRI didn't fit, I sent them pics, then I told them about this site and sent them a copy of the bad review I posted here. They finally accepted the parts back and refunded the total and I did not pay a restocking fee.

You can also tell those vendors that you are reporting them to the BBB in their area, and notifying your state attorney general as well. Most states frown on having their residents ripped off by such people.

If you got with Visa and backcharged the entire amount, they can't take out the restocking fee on you. They can also have problems with their use of Visa if they do this stuff very much.
Old 06-03-2002
Premium Member

I just sent the following message to Importtrenz. Let's see what happens.

"Are you aware that one of your dissatisfied customers has posted the following message on http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=2&threadid=38931&STARTPAGE=1

This is a Honda Civic owners website with over 3700 registered members. If you truly have a problem with this product, it is suggested you make it right. Or maybe you want to come on the forums and explain it to us all.

Monday June 03, 2002 3:55:36 PM

I recently ordered the Octane body kit for my civic from Importtrenz.com and it is absolute f'n garbage....
The four parts were placed in one box with no packaging except a too small piece of bubble wrap on the rear bumper which didn't cover or protect the ends or separating materials. The corners and edges of the kit are chipped and cracked, have uneven and wavy cut lines under where the headlights are positioned and along the side skirts, and even a hole in the front bumper that is skinned over. Also the front and rear bumper had extensive bubbling and chips/cracks and fraying fiberglass on several edges. There are even spots that were attempted to be fixed up with bondo with is unacceptable on a "new kit". There were two or three pieces of small bubble wrap lying on the bottom of the box which led me and the guy who does my body work to believe this kit had been returned to Importtrenz by someone else and then reshipped to us. He also stated that he felt that the front bumper had been repaired once before. I talked to a salesperson and was told the parts would require "about 1 hour of prep work" which my body shop emphatically disputes. He pointed out that it said in their disclosure statement, that their shipped parts are "as is". So is it their policy to ship unserviceable parts and then to penalize their customers by claiming no futher responsibility?
I then asked to talk to a manager, both were "out" at the time and I was told I would recieve a call from them in 45 min. to an hour.....I never did.
At this point I have initiated a "Payment in Dispute" claim through merchant resolution department of VISA.
I then had to pay the shipping ($150+!!) for the return of the defective kit that should have never been sent to me in the first place. They now want me to pay a 25% restocking fee on the kit. I believe their packaging methods may have led to some or all of the damage to the four parts that were bumping and banging into each other during shipment. I sent Importtrenz an e-mail to their customer service department describing the problems close to 2 weeks ago and still havn't gotten a reply.

Sorry about the lenghty post but I wanted to warn any potential buyers so they won't be faced with the same problems I was. Importtrenz obviously could give a **** less about customer satisfaction...
Old 06-03-2002
Registered!!

Thanks for all your input guys...I might try a few of Bartkat's suggestions.
I have already sent pictures of the damages to VISA and am currently waiting to hear from them, I had close to 40 pics sent off (there was that much damage). I will try to post some pics within the next few days if I can.
Old 06-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DcatStylee is an unknown quantity at this point
I just ordered my octane urethane kit from WholesaleHyperformance. I'll tell you how my shipment turns out. If its better, lets just all blackball importtrenz and send them a picture every time one of us orders a kit from WholesaleHyperformance [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-03-2002
Registered!!

01blackCVC is an unknown quantity at this point
Holee shieet!! I just got a friggin octane kit from them about a week ago and its already on its way. I hope to god my shipment is not packaged the same way as yours was. I dont want to have to pay 150 to ship the damn thing back to them. I'm keepin my fingers crossed that they didnt faack me over. This is why we should all come back here on the forum and post our good and bad buying experiences from these online vendors. I will let yall kno how my kit turns out or else yall will see my *** complainin on this site. Peace out.
Old 06-03-2002
OyD
Registered!!

OyD is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll scratch that place off the list of places to buy. That's inexcusable. What a bunch of fools

01blackCVC, I hope your kit turns out better
Old 06-03-2002
Registered!!

HeartbreakkiD is an unknown quantity at this point
oh man!!!! that is too late!! why u guys order from that importtrenz?? i should post this forum early, but i forget...i am really sorry......... i do the same thing like u guys and i got the bodykit exactly same like wat PHILIES BLUNT saying......is really like a shxt!!!!!!!! i ordered that kit at the Jan of this year, take almost 3 month send it to me, and i am serious. U need to pay the 150 for the shipping, thats y i keep the fuxking kit...........i think they( importtrenz) redo the the kit...not the same like u see in VIS racing, piece of shxt!!! mine one fron CA, HOUSE OF EXOTIC IMPORTZ, i called that guy.....and the give the same response like PHIIESHUNT
i called them lots of time..and they just say mabye gonna take some couples months to check the kit b4 u got ur money back.....WTF...
now wat i do is spend more money to the localbody shop guy to do the kit for me.....tell u wat, the sideskirts is not going to fit..2 inches short..............and the front bumper is too long for about 2 or 1.5 inches...try that....u definately wanna go to kill the guy who make this kit when u found out.............
peace...
Old 06-04-2002
Registered!!

Ok peeps, I jus emailed Importtrenz and asked them the status of my body kit shipment since sometimes these places drag their a$$es on these things. I thought that maybe I could catch myself from makin a huge mistake. I also let them know about the bad feedback they are receivin at this forum and to come and clarify some of the things that have been said about them. Hopefully things can be resolved for both me and philliesblunt420. I'll let you guys kno what they say. Peaze out.
Old 06-05-2002
Registered!!

Cool 01blackCVC...I am interested to hear what excuse these fools have for their pathetic business practices.
Lookin forward to your post.
Old 06-05-2002
Registered!!

crazybluehonda is an unknown quantity at this point
do you want to sell this bad shape bodykit???? philliesblunt420

Old 06-05-2002
Registered!!

I wouldn't sell that kit to my worst enemy, the guy at my body shop said it would cost more to fix than a new kit. Besides I have already shipped the **** back.
Old 06-05-2002
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this happening with the Vis racing octane body kits??? or just the one on importtendz????
Old 06-05-2002
Registered!!

aliased is an unknown quantity at this point
are these shops oblivious to bad press? jesus, if they want good business, they should practice good business.
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

Well, my kit just arrived today via truck freight..... at first I was nervous since there was only one huge box for me in the truck and it was kinda all ripped up a bit at the edges.... I helped the dude take it out of the truck and the damn thing would not fit through the apt. door so I had to take out the pieces separately. Just as philliesblunt420's body kit was, it was all piled in the box wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap but all around the kit not just the edges. I inspected the kit and it seems fine, no crack or warps and the edges are sharp. Im gonna take it to my body shop to see how the fitment is. Everything seems fine for now. I'll update you guys when the kit is fitted and installed.

Sorry about the long post. By the way when I emailed them they ignored what I had to say about the forum topic and just emailed me my shipping info. I guess that is the way they do business. Maybe I got lucky. Peaze out.
Old 06-11-2002
Premium Member

They didn't reply to my email either.
Old 06-11-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Wow, sorry to hear that. Obviously fiberglass requires extra care. Internet shopping and extra care don't mix IMO. Just another reason why urethane is superior. It will stand up to the abuse of delivery and packaging. Haha, packaging. Funny concept. When I got my T2001 I was kinda shocked to find it floating around in a cardboard box with rips and holes in it. Looked like it was smushed by something heavy. Anyway, I layed it out on the floor and it came back to its original shape. Thank gawd for urethane and a big up yours to UPS!
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Well that is one place that I will not plan to buy my kit from then.
I would send complaints to the BBB, ImportTrenz, and anyone else that can help.
I would not stand for this garbage from a company like this. Bad exposure like this is not good, trust me this will have a rippling effect for them, you tell us, we tell out friends, and so on, and so on. If they know anything about business they will make things right.
Good Luck guys.
Old 06-11-2002
Premium Member

Everything I have got from NOPI and H and A has been very well packaged and arrived in good shape.
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

Well it looks like I may be getting my money back from VISA, still nothing final though......[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]importtrenz
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

7thgencivic is an unknown quantity at this point
so in which place should we buy?
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

I suggest aerotrends.com, I ordered a pair of fenders from them and they arrived about 3 days later. They were also packaged very well with the protection of the parts in mind.
Old 07-10-2002
Registered!!

Hey guys.... sorry I havent updated on the status of the kit.... I was recently sick and was in the hospital..... Well I had my kit installed.... the front bumber fit perfectly and looks real bada$$.... the rear bumper fits fine as well.....only problem is the sideskirts' fitment were way off.... seems like it's for a different car... either that or the fitment problems with the octane sides are still not remedied as of late. Will try to get replacements from importtrenz... I already emailed them and they are willing to fix the problem as soon as I send them some pictures.... looks like you will be hearin from me again....Peaze out.