Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

New owner: looking for cold air intake advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilotman150 is an unknown quantity at this point
New owner: looking for cold air intake advice

Hey guys, just bought an 09 civic si coupe, and i'm starting the long lengthy expensive search on the best upgrades.... What's the word on a reasonably priced cold air intake, that passes smog and wont screw up the ecu readings? And after I upgrade my intake, what's a good chip upgrade to go with? Thanks for the help. Any other quick upgrades I should be looking at? I'm passing on exhaust for now.
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice
Re: New owner: looking for cold air intake advice

for cold air i would go with the Fujita F5, if its made for your year yet. If not go with injen. Go to ptuning.com
Old 03-10-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

intake wont do jack for ur civic. if you live outside of california, then jsut get a 10dollar intake off ebay, and put a good filter on it (like AEM dry flow)

everything should cost you no more than 50 bucks.

(thats if u REALLY MUST have an intake)
Old 03-10-2009
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pilotman150
What's the word on a reasonably priced cold air intake, that passes smog and wont screw up the ecu readings? And after I upgrade my intake, what's a good chip upgrade to go with?
Wow this is an oxymoron. He wants an Intake that doesn't mess with his ecu, yet he wants a "chip upgrade" to his ecu. Why not just go with a $20.00 ebay chip with a spoon sticker I've heard they work wonders for your car.

On a serious note do some research before asking subjective questions like "what is the best intake" everyone has their own opinion, which has probably already been stated on a forum somewhere. The questions you asked would have gotten you flamed on many other websites. Search engines are your friend! Remember that. This might help with your intake search.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/searc...archid=5243952

If you want an ecu reflash to accompany your intake check out Hondata. www.hondata.com/reflash_06_civicsi.html Also you are gonna get bored with bolt ons... I am.
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
intake wont do jack for ur civic. if you live outside of california, then jsut get a 10dollar intake off ebay, and put a good filter on it (like AEM dry flow)

everything should cost you no more than 50 bucks.

(thats if u REALLY MUST have an intake)
he has a 09 si. it's a k20z3 motor. A cold air intake will actually do good for his car.

K motors respond to bolts on really well.
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

lokixxcivicb0i is an unknown quantity at this point

its all about what kinda of look you want. but if you dont live in cali then just to a kregan store and you can just build your own. for cheap. but to be honest if you looking to upgrade your car i would go the cheap way. that just has bad all over it.

this should help you.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...wers-here.html
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
he has a 09 si. it's a k20z3 motor. A cold air intake will actually do good for his car.

bolt on's ..... ewwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lokixxcivicb0i
the hell you ewwing about?

do you know with bolts on and kpro i made 242hp 175tq?

the heck you ewing about. making your own intake and cheaping your way to things will not do anything.

there are companies out there that clearly have dyno results to prove their product and they also provide you carb stickers like injen and aem.

He has a SI with a K motor not a stupid D17.

Don't speak until you actually know what you're talking about
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

Dam if that is your car in your profile then no wonder you said bolt ons on a K motor are "EWWW"
Old 03-10-2009

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

haha didnt read that.... i just skimmed throught the posts =]
Old 03-10-2009

Dam if that is your car in your profile then no wonder you said bolt ons on a K motor are "EWWW"
hahhah damn take it easy my friend... ur on a rampage =]
Old 03-10-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hondata prolly your best bet, it will shift the power 1k rpms lower so you get it sooner. boltons, stick with the name brands esp for cali, like AEM v2. check 8thcivic.com too
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

aem v2 ftw. best intake available IMHO.
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

bbbaaaaaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah:lo l:ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
some ones on their rag. plus i said eeeewwwww to bolt on's cuz im all for custom fabrication. i think thats what helps make at car really unique. so dont go ragging on other peoples cars. grow up and chill out wild one.
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

the hell you ewwing about?

do you know with bolts on and kpro i made 242hp 175tq?

the heck you ewing about. making your own intake and cheaping your way to things will not do anything.

there are companies out there that clearly have dyno results to prove their product and they also provide you carb stickers like injen and aem.

He has a SI with a K motor not a stupid D17.

Don't speak until you actually know what you're talking about
dont you have an 02 civic?
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
hahhah damn take it easy my friend... ur on a rampage =]
haha...well i get pissed when people post stupid stuff like that without any justification for it. haha...my bad
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

bbbaaaaaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah:lo l:ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
some ones on their rag. plus i said eeeewwwww to bolt on's cuz im all for custom fabrication. i think thats what helps make at car really unique. so dont go ragging on other peoples cars. grow up and chill out wild one.
if that's what you meant by ewww...then i guess my bad..haha. Should of put that in the beginning carry on
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

yeah why?
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

forgiven
Old 03-10-2009

he's got a 02 civic.....but he's also got a k motor swap in there. he knows his **** man =]
Old 03-11-2009
Registered!!

sweet!!!!!!!!!!! yea i know more about prelude engines then civic engines but im trying to learn.
Old 03-11-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i would go with a weapon r secret weapon intake try www.erzperformance.com the lowest price ive found plus free shipping, free cleaner,free ram air kit,and a free breather filter.sorry but im not positive if they carry that year check them out.

Last edited by lowlife9; 03-11-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-17-2009
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

Injen CAI IMO is what you want. AEM is too over-rated, and also a major company who pops out products like asian pop out babies, injen in small and thus can spend more time in the R&D Dept. I know even for the D17 they make a nice throaty cold air intake and for the k series motors they sound very nice as well. Straight quality from Injen.
Old 03-17-2009
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

http://hondata.com/reflash_06_civicsi.html
Old 03-17-2009
Registered!!

pilotman150 is an unknown quantity at this point

the injens seem sick, and the reflash is a must. imo anyways. Thanks guys