Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

What Should I Do? Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street Kings will become famous soon enoughStreet Kings will become famous soon enough
What Should I Do? Need Help!!

Okay so here's an issue that's been really bothering me. Few months back I had bought this Liquid Air Freshener which hangs on to ur Vents. Unfortunately somehow it got leaked, now I don't know what material it is made from but it mest up the Paint from the Bezel Trim when I cleaned it up next morning.

I already have a brand new Bezel Trim, but it's gonna need everything on it from current Trim i.e. Radio/Climate Control/Vents EVERYTHING.

Local Shops are asking for atleast $150-$200 just to replace it with the new Trim which I already am providing them with.

Now my question is: Is there a way I can properly cover this without having the entire dashboard coming out then parting it on to new bezel. Such as some kind of Paint pen etc...

Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

dannylortie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What Should I Do? Need Help!!

If you want they offer those aluminum or carbon fiber covers for the the trim areas, either from honda or they sell them on ebay and various sites. i dont know if that helps
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

The whole dash doesn't need to come out. Pop off the cig lighter console, unscrew two screws, and that that panel comes out. Transfer headunit, buttons, and climate control unit to new panel. Put the new panel back in.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

Street Kings will become famous soon enoughStreet Kings will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dannylortie
If you want they offer those aluminum or carbon fiber covers for the the trim areas, either from honda or they sell them on ebay and various sites. i dont know if that helps
I tried searching on Ebay but no searches. Can u please tell me what exactly should I type to get the proper search?

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
The whole dash doesn't need to come out. Pop off the cig lighter console, unscrew two screws, and that that panel comes out. Transfer headunit, buttons, and climate control unit to new panel. Put the new panel back in.
Hmm.. When I saw this video, it looked much more complicated then just poping off the cig console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME8UuEFWjmI
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Meh, you have an 04 then. I just have to pull on cig console and it comes out. Pulling the center console is basically as easy. Where you at? I'd do it for 20 bucks.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

Meh, you have an 04 then. I just have to pull on cig console and it comes out. Pulling the center console is basically as easy. Where you at? I'd do it for 20 bucks.
Actually I have 05. But 04 and 05 are the same. Man I'm in Houston TX. I wish u were here, I wud've paid you $50

Local Shops will **** up my dash area trying to pop it out. I really need civic experts in Houston. And mostly the experts here are theives.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

Dude. No offense or anything... but don't be a *****. Go out and do it. Don't spend 150 bucks to pay someone else to do it.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

Dude. No offense or anything... but don't be a *****. Go out and do it. Don't spend 150 bucks to pay someone else to do it.
Man I can do anything in exterior wise, but when it comes to interior I rather not try, but I will give it a shot. Do have any pics of popping out the cigg. console?
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...rsion-2-a.html

Thats for an 04. Don't know if it applies to yours.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...stall-diy.html

That one says what to do once the panel comes out.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Street Kings
Man I can do anything in exterior wise, but when it comes to interior I rather not try, but I will give it a shot. Do have any pics of popping out the cigg. console?
Those two are the best I got. If I had an 05 I'd be out taking pictures for you.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

Those two are the best I got. If I had an 05 I'd be out taking pictures for you.
Can't see any pics!
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

That's weird. They work fine for me. For mine I just reach into the pocket and pull. You will have to disconnect the wires to the cig lighter and your fog light button if you have them.

The video looked okay descriptively although I didn't listen to it.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

dannylortie is an unknown quantity at this point

nvm though its gonna cost a good amount just for this so its probably not worth it. but anyways if you wanti checked on ebay and you just need to type civic dash trim and specify the year.
i found this for you http://shop.ebay.ca/items/__civic-da...f14=20051774c3
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

That's weird. They work fine for me. For mine I just reach into the pocket and pull. You will have to disconnect the wires to the cig lighter and your fog light button if you have them.

The video looked okay descriptively although I didn't listen to it.
Yea, 2001-2003 is easy to remove the CD Console, but for 04-05 you gotta remove the entire transmission console followed by removing the hand rest area, then cigg. console, from there finally the CD Console. That's why shops are charging $150-200 for labor.

Originally Posted by dannylortie
nvm though its gonna cost a good amount just for this so its probably not worth it. but anyways if you wanti checked on ebay and you just need to type civic dash trim and specify the year.
i found this for you http://shop.ebay.ca/items/__civic-da...f14=20051774c3
I already bought a brand new Trim, but I'm trying to avoid pulling off the entire console just for this little purpose.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Street Kings
Yea, 2001-2003 is easy to remove the CD Console, but for 04-05 you gotta remove the entire transmission console followed by removing the hand rest area, then cigg. console, from there finally the CD Console. That's why shops are charging $150-200 for labor.

I already bought a brand new Trim, but I'm trying to avoid pulling off the entire console just for this little purpose.
Dude. I can have my center console out in less than 5 minutes. 05s cannot be that much different. Find someone on the forum with an 05 and see if they can step you through it.
Old 03-02-2009
Registered!!

greeny_beany is an unknown quantity at this point

it doesnt look that bad, just put a sticker on it haha
Old 03-17-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just get a trim kit and stick it on?

Old 03-17-2009
Registered!!

wannaBstuntin is an unknown quantity at this point

Sue the company that makes the air fresheners.
Old 03-17-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

nah they already put a warning on the package not to let the liquid touch anything.