Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Grounding kits?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007
The Random King of the Posts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light
Grounding kits?

Well..i bought a grounding kit off ebay for my 01 vic and what do you know it dont fit. Well one wire did, from the radiator support to the head of the engine. At first it started worse and ran like crap. Now it runs decent a little better and my idle prob is better. So the question is does anyone know what the big deal about these grounding kits are?
Old 11-14-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all
Re: Grounding kits?

you can do this with Audio 4G cable and gold plated terminals,
however it will only help the "ground" of the battery/chassis out.

Means for a long life on the battery, etc....
but i dont think your gonna see a better running car nor HP....
Old 11-14-2007
Registered!!

dryft will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FGCOUPE
Means for a long life on the battery, etc....
but i dont think your gonna see a better running car nor HP....
I bought the "A'PEXi Super Grounding System" for my 05 vic and definately felt a little difference in HP. Here is a quote from the site i bought it from, "According to A'PEXi, the Super Ground System made an outstanding 8.5 horsepower to the wheels during a dyno test conducted on a 2004 Subaru WRX STi!"
Old 11-14-2007
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

I'm with FG...
Old 11-14-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

Originally Posted by dryft
I bought the "A'PEXi Super Grounding System" for my 05 vic and definately felt a little difference in HP. Here is a quote from the site i bought it from, "According to A'PEXi, the Super Ground System made an outstanding 8.5 horsepower to the wheels during a dyno test conducted on a 2004 Subaru WRX STi!"
An STI has three times more HP at the wheels than we do. So even if it did add "HP" i would be very very little. IMHO I doubt that it really adds HP, just my 2¢
Old 11-14-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i made my own 4 gauge wires to replace the stock ones which were all nasty and corroded. its not gonna do much except insure your electronics and car is working properly. its wont add power or whatever, it will keep things running like they should be. just get wire from any audio store, 4 gauge thick, and some gold plate ring terminals. sand down the grounding spots on the car, attach the ground, then paint over them so rust doesnt form.
Old 11-14-2007

01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light

yea all these wires were 4 gauge wires with the gold plated terminals. It just said something to the effect, " blah blah grounding kit, will give your Honda 9 million horse power, a wing, and ten pound of boost with the stock head." It was kinda misleading.
Old 11-14-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol well alot of products dont do much so companies have to lie about how it works.
Old 11-14-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

First ill start with hahahahahah!

next ill say this....Grounding kit is for just that! Grounding your battery/chassis! it WILL NOT enhance peformance (aka HP) in the least.

Prove it for your self.
Show all of us a dyno before and after.
Old 11-14-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

what a grounding kit will do

better throttle response
better idle
louder stereo
brighter lights
guages more accurate

thats about all i can think of..
Old 11-14-2007

yea i knew they were mainly for better throttle and stuff but it seems like its made my idle worse..
Old 11-14-2007
Premium Member

if it made it worse, something isnt hooked right or loose. or you didnt sand down the painted area. paint doesnt conduct electricity very well
Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

mdawg is on a distinguished road

Hey is 9 gauge wire fine on replacing the wires? Just happen to have extra laying around and don't really want to buy some more 4 gauge.
Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

dryft will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FGCOUPE
First ill start with hahahahahah!

next ill say this....Grounding kit is for just that! Grounding your battery/chassis! it WILL NOT enhance peformance (aka HP) in the least.

Prove it for your self.
Show all of us a dyno before and after.
First of all, i was simply quoting what the website said about the product
Second of all, **** off
Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

First of all, ----------------------------------------
Second of all, **** off
LOL, he gets that a lot.

I did all of mine with 2ga and I went crazy with it. Did it help performance, not at all. But I took my time and used solid black loom so at least it looks good. I get compliments on it all the time.

What it did do is:
I used 1/0 and 2ga instead of 4. I had it laying around.
My headlights do not dim as bad anymore.
Alternator seems to be charging a little better.
If there is any better throttle response I did not notice but it did not hurt it either.
I quit blowing the led's in my dash.
Kinda funny but I get better fm reception and lost the howl on AM.
Made the engine bay look "Cooler".

What it did NOT do:

I did not gain any "noticeable" HP or TQ.
I can not out run a kid on a Big Wheel.
Did not hurt anything, yet.
Did not cause any engine whining.

Just make your own, and have fun with it. I recommend it for a couple reasons.
Old 11-15-2007

ok since i've graduated high school and am a freshmen in college..oh screw it i didnt sand the paint off!!!