Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

What is up with JDM Soshinoya (new driver badge)???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007
Bone Stock!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What is up with JDM Soshinoya (new driver badge)???

Doesnt bother me. Who cares?

On a similar topic, I am planning on buying an Evo X and put a Japan license plate up front. Am I gonna get flamed? I see a bunch of European cars put UK or German plates in front too.
Old 08-06-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^you'll probably get a ticket if its against the so cal juju rule book.

I want to by my friend one of these who has a nissan truck. He drives like *** and got his lisence three days ago and is almost 23. His truck is teal. All good?
Old 08-06-2007
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute

dru...you know you got one of those badges on your car, bc you're jdm like that
Old 08-06-2007
Registered!!

TheMoogly is on a distinguished road

I got my license in Japan and I had one on my car for a little bit... I was 18 at the time so I really was a young driver. It has nothing to do with JDM, though, I drove a Will (toyota)
Old 08-07-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I think a sticker like this is just an "inside" thing. The first couple of people to do it, were the insiders and then when it got popular, and everyone could get a hold of them, it doesn't seem that cool anymore. I think it's a exclusivity thing rather then a JDM thing. You're a pimp when someone has to ask you dumb **** like where you got that? And that's when you look back and say I'm a superstar, and if it cost a hundred grand it's super car...

Last edited by Eyger; 08-07-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Suzy Q
dru...you know you got one of those badges on your car, bc you're jdm like that
Yea, I used to have one but stupid me put it on the outside instead of inside the front windshield and blew it away as i was driving on the frwy
Old 08-18-2007
Registered!!

iammud is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 08-29-2007
Registered!!

truegrit0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone in Salem Oregon Has them. If you don't than you have a tonka toy. Or so they say.
Old 08-31-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Ha..
Old 01-08-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

you guys just arn't true JDM yo
Old 01-27-2009
Registered!!

Ace JP is an unknown quantity at this point

First, if you haven't lived or even been to japan you shouldn't rock the badge.

And if you do, at least have something to back it up

I have one on my car and its not even JDM but I do have my old japanese license plate in front of my car showing that as well.

And yes, I have lived in Japan for 11 years.
Old 01-27-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

thread date > you

leave dead threads alone.... who cares if they have it on their car...its their car....thats like saying "you can only drive an import of ur asian"

And yes, i am asian. all 21 years.
Old 01-28-2009
Registered!!

D16Fiend is an unknown quantity at this point

+1

but since the thread is awake again for a sec, i'll add

its in no way more stupid than the "jdm" fashion statement as a whole. if you like jdm for its looks, then fine. but most people just think its fashionable and want to fit into the fad. hence the badge.
Old 01-28-2009

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^ +1 yea. ahhhahaha

its like putting a typeR sticker on ur car =]
Old 01-28-2009
Registered!!

jra04em2 is an unknown quantity at this point

those stickers ennoy the **** out of me its retarted
Old 01-29-2009
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jra04em2
those stickers ennoy the **** out of me its retarted
you're 22 years old and your spelling is quite annoying. go back to school and learn some ****
Old 01-29-2009
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Pwned!
Old 03-26-2010
Registered!!

versuslight is an unknown quantity at this point

well this thread is way past dead into the rotting stages. but BUMP! my personal opinion is that the soshinoya (new driver badge) is used as a symbol for homage to the japanese car makers. u know? just a pride kinda deal. well at least thats how it used to be for a little while... then a bunch of these next gen drivers slap that green and yellow badge on everything because its so "JDM" or its "JDMas F*insert badge here*CK" same thing with how people started hanging little plushes from the back of their car. its more homage to the racing spirit. at least for me it is. but like all things, for fads anyway, only the true drivers understand the meaning behind the symbol as well as maintaining their fan-ship (not sure if thats word but mozilla didnt *red zigzag* it). for me, i love my em2, but lord that car is not worth putting any money into anymore... the mileage has gone far enough that any engine mods would require me to rebuild the whole damn thing... and its more a budget consumer than a real investment. my 350z on the other hand is my current project car. soon to be weekend warrior and civic to be replaced by an 01 silvia s15.

sorry about the off topic rambling, but to reiterate: the new driver badge (soshinoya) is merely an symbol to pay homage to the japanese driving spirit. kinda like how people put nascar logos on EVERYTHING.. even though it doesnt necessarily have to do anything with the topic itself. its more an homage to what it stands for.

and again. personally nothing goes on my civic anymore. that baby is pretty much bone stock aside from the wheels tires and suspension. which will be rid of pretty soon here.

EM2 CREW.

*btw. EM2 crew isnt actually a crew, its just a group of people who happen to own the same series civic.

reppin' for 2LiVE in houston tx

Tivo AKA Fahsuto Nagamochi

^^for all you japanese illiterate, etc. that means fast and long lasting (americanized)
Old 03-26-2010
Registered!!

210italian is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha love how you started off with thread from the dead, i see where youre coming from and like the point you make
Old 03-27-2010
Registered!!

RaceNLive is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just working at an air show today and this guy had the same exact sticker on his car. It looked like a busted old ricer. It was a hideous yellow that was faded with chipping paint and the body kit was ugly.
Old 03-28-2010

i see these lil ricers all round with these stupid stickers...

its seriously how u identify a ricer now a days...
Old 03-29-2010
Registered!!

RaceNLive is an unknown quantity at this point

ya i guess thats just wat happens when we live in so cal. Ill upload pics later to the ricer thread. I saw some hideous trucks also with funny lookin flame kits.
Old 01-25-2011
Registered!!

rookbartley989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wells its my turn to raise the dead I guess...

I came across this thread from a search on google saw some interesting comments and of course the hefty helping of retarded ones. First of all, as with anything tuning, it is always personal taste. A real tuner will build his or her car to suite themselves and eff everyone else. That said...I do also realize that I have stumbled upon the Honda Civic forums so I guess I have to take into account that many posters here are still in high school and have that whole 'cliq' this is cool that is not mentality. Lets be realistic, save for a very few that may have S2000's, you guys drive Honda's...the import worlds Nokia phone. Every snot nosed kid fresh out of driving school has one, every sweat shop in China makes parts for them, and every single one, at least in Socal, wants to race the world to try and prove that they just didn't spend $1000 on a car and then slapped some gnarley fart can on the exhaust to sound like they can actually beat a kid on a big wheel! Furthermore, to the Mod that used the word ricer...shame on you. Mod's should be impartial bastions on civility, not flaming hairy back mary's like the ones they are tasked with moderating. JDM badges, I don't have any, don't care to be JDM anything, but definately not going to diss someone because they like something I don't. Besides, any real tuner in Socal knows that there is only one emblem that signifies that you are a true ricer....

Cheers!

- The Rook
Old 01-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I'll never understand peoples fascination with trolling.

Very few people here are in high school, most are in University or have moved onto their careers. Yes, there are many ricers involved with the Honda scene, but there are also legit tuners; the same applies to Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Subaru and every other car maker. When you grave dig a thread from 2007, you might consider that people have risen in the ranks over the years from being a regular member who can say anything to a moderator who maintains a higher level of conduct.
Old 01-25-2011
Registered!!

rookbartley989 is an unknown quantity at this point

That was nowhere near trolling my friend lol...that was a well deserved spanking for a thread thats sole purpose was to spread hate towards other peoples tastes. And technically I grave dug a 2010 thread, others dug it up way before me. I was merely searching the net for some info and this happened to show up. Didn't even get past the FIRST post without somebody telling me what is cool and what is not lol...it gets old. Don't put that wing on, its ricer...only ricers have roof scoops...if your not hella flush then you are a loser...and on and on. Well guess what??? Some people actually track thier cars so the wing is needed, the scoop provides valuable air to a hot cockpit/helmet cooler and hella flush is extremely g.....well to each thier own lol. Anyways, cheers!

- The Rook
Old 01-25-2011
Im a Senior Member. Take that Noobs!!

Foffie has a spectacular aura aboutFoffie has a spectacular aura about

Hooray start of an internet fight I guess this guy got tired of typing in honda on youtube then posting comments about how his "American Muscle" that his mom bought him is awesome and ricers suck

And actually that was trolling you joined an internet forum to bash honda or (a specific group) google it like you did before

Last edited by Foffie; 01-25-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: felt the need
Old 01-26-2011

man i dont even remembering making those comments up there. lol
Old 01-26-2011
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold

What better way to be original than to do exactly what everyone else is doing... even if it's stupid!
Old 03-29-2011
Registered!!

rbrennan is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to wake this thread up again,but those Japanese signs are kind of Ironic, in B.C. Canada we have to display a magnetic red L sign on the back of our car for our first year as a learner we have to have someone 25 years of age or older with us at all times in the passenger seat. We are only allowed one passenger(excluding Family members) and cannot take our road test for one full year-provided we have no fines or penalties.After that we can take our road test,then we get another green N sign to stick to our window or outside of the car for another 2 years. The signs are magnetic and can scratch and wreck your paint,if you have window tints your better make damn sure if a cop pulls you over he can see your sign or theres another huge fine.Some people cut them or hang them like a Z but apparently you can be fined for that aswell.This just strikes me as funny how people would hang these signs on there cars when up here we cant wait to get rid of ours.They are heat score and a huge target for cops,Mise as well paint "pull me over" on your window.And even in the N program only one passenger(excluding family). Heres what they look like:

Learner:

Novice(or New driver):