Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

What is up with JDM Soshinoya (new driver badge)???

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
What is up with JDM Soshinoya (new driver badge)???

Seriously I dont ****in get it and its starting to annoy the hell outta me everytime i see one on a Honda!!! I feel like slapping them in the face for having one on the car. WTF is the point of this thing?? I just dont get it.........

Oh yea, I know why!! Its to warn ppl that he is a new driver so stay away from him cuz you might get hit from an inexperienced driver.......
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all
Re: What is up with JDM Soshinoya (new driver badge)???

yeah, i dont know why people like putting that badge on their car. if anything, its more of a "wow, it's jdm so i have to put it on my car to be jdm" fad. go fig......
Old 08-05-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

points at shows

yo its jdm dood!
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough

Old 08-05-2007
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road

It's on ebay. It's from Japan. It's JDM. I'LL PUT IT ON MY CAR!
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

i alot of people rocking those on their cars, especially in vegas and L.A. Its the most retarted looking thing ive seen.
Old 08-05-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

at least u all haven't seen a civic with a huge decal of it on their hood like i have....
Old 08-05-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

double post
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

who cares, it's like anything else. we all have different tastes. i've been considering raising my hood for mad JDM points and because i think it looks cool.
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

Those stickers annoy the hell out of me. I think anyone with those stickers is jerking it way too much, trying too hard to be "jdm". Why would you want other people to know you can't drive? It's just dumb.
Old 08-05-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

Originally Posted by buckshizzo
Those stickers annoy the hell out of me. I think anyone with those stickers is jerking it way too much, trying too hard to be "jdm". Why would you want other people to know you can't drive? It's just dumb.
Thank you!!! We should make a poll of this lol.......Makes me hate owning a Honda Civic.....
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

There's way too many of those stickers here in SoCal. Some one needs to tell these people that this is America and 90% of the drivers out there don't even know what the stickers are suppose to represent.
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by buckshizzo
There's way too many of those stickers here in SoCal. Some one needs to tell these people that this is America and 90% of the drivers out there don't even know what the stickers are suppose to represent.
it's just like any other sticker or badge that tons of people on this forum may have on their cars. i.e. I doubt 90% of drivers understand what "EM2 Crew" means. it's all about taste, it's a JDM thing. someone should lock this up because it's going to get stupid.
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

Your right. It's a personal taste thing. Personally, I don't like stickers. I just wanted to give my opinion on it, that's all. I didn't mean to offend anyone.
Old 08-05-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

Originally Posted by beadebaserr
it's just like any other sticker or badge that tons of people on this forum may have on their cars. i.e. I doubt 90% of drivers understand what "EM2 Crew" means. it's all about taste, it's a JDM thing. someone should lock this up because it's going to get stupid.
Em2 crew is different you are representing your crew but JDM badge actually has a meaning in JAPAN!! In the US it means nothing just for looks like "wow look at him this car must be from Japan but wait how come it has USDM plates?"
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dru106
Em2 crew is different you are representing your crew but JDM badge actually has a meaning in JAPAN!! In the US it means nothing just for looks like "wow look at him this car must be from Japan but wait how come it has USDM plates?"
dude, representing your crew? i had an ES2 crew sticker on my old car and i'm sure hundreds of others had it too, yet we didn't know each other. we weren't a crew. just people who bought stickers on a forum.
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

everyone has their own personal taste, it is just a trend people like to do, i personally like it. Its like saying why do people put stupid body kits on their cars or why people put lambo doors when they have a civic.
Old 08-05-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dude, representing your crew? i had an ES2 crew sticker on my old car and i'm sure hundreds of others had it too, yet we didn't know each other. we weren't a crew. just people who bought stickers on a forum.

Sorry if I offended you with this thread....so defensive
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

i didn't mean to come off hostile or anything dru106. i just get sick of threads like this, and I totally understand where you're coming from, but all of us just need to understand that everyone likes different things. my apologies.
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

widegts is on a distinguished road

too bad thats not even what they are called.

wakaba/kareha badges...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure you guys have seen these badges before:

Beginer driver "wakaba" badge:

In Japan, any driver who obtains drivers license within 1 year must show this badge/emblem on their vehicles. It's called "Shosinn-sha-emblem" in Japanese. Shosinn-sha means " Beginner or Starter" Another driver must give their ways even on the busy traffic.

Elder/advance driver "kareha" badge:

This is an emblem for a driver with more experience in Japan and called a "Silver Mark". The driver must give their way to the vehicle on the road with this emblem by the traffic law.

inspections sticker...

They used to be cool stickers, but the meaning has gotten distorted by all the wannabes. I bet if you ask 10 people 9 of them dont know the meaning behind the badge, the one will be able to tell you the true meaning. Btw the description above is the real meaning. My buddy confirmed this after he came back from japan visiting his gf parents.
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

junior h.m is an unknown quantity at this point

your gay man if your not a new driver get the experienced driver tag if your a pro racer know wat i mean jelly bean
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

I personally wouldn't put that sticker on my car but if the colors were different then maybe I'd think about it. I mean comon what matches with yellow and teal???
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough

Yea, it's all personal preference. I know that it got bigger when people started rocking those at D1. But it's no different than the guy hanging a toy monkey from their trunk or tow hook. If you like it, then great. I don't see what the big deal is about another decal/sticker. Might as well make a thread about overplayed AEM stickers or tow hooks or body kits just because one persons taste is another persons displeasure...but I think people forget that we mod our cars for our own satisfaction and not others...
Old 08-05-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

i ahd one, but after a month, i put it on my fridge and mirror!
Old 08-05-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

i didn't mean to come off hostile or anything dru106. i just get sick of threads like this, and I totally understand where you're coming from, but all of us just need to understand that everyone likes different things. my apologies.
Its koo....but it just disturbs me that we are abusing it here in the US just so ppl can look jdm where it actually means something over there in Japan....
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

White0nGold has a spectacular aura aboutWhite0nGold has a spectacular aura about

well, imo i really dont mind it, what i do effin' hate is when people with a bone stock civic has one or a riced out civic has one, for example, like i seen a civic with some muffler shop exhaust, wack chrome rims and altezzas rockin' the wakaba sticker, now THAT! to me is really wack! but if your cars jdm or has the jdm look its like,..EH
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

hahhahah i seen them stickers on domestic cars here in houston lol..i was like wtf lol
Old 08-06-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sKwiD
It's on ebay. It's from Japan. It's JDM. I'LL PUT IT ON MY CAR!
yea, but too bad its most likely made in CHINA.......lol
Old 08-06-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by slowwhitecivic
hahhahah i seen them stickers on domestic cars here in houston lol..i was like wtf lol
There are fords and junk over in japan too. Just because the company is based out of a country, doesnt mean only the cars that come from the country can have it. Shoot, werent our cars made in Iowa or something? While most american cars are built outside the US anyways. You know a new driver sticker would fly on a american car over there, thats like... saying a pensoil windshield sticker for the next oil change date is too american for a car over in japan to have.
Old 08-06-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

lol this really shouldnt be that big of a deal. its a sticker. this is one of those personal preference things that some people just like. your saying oh his car isnt jdm, its clearly a usdm car so it shouldnt have that sticker. but a good example would be that rs grill on ebay. lots of people have one but theyre probably driving a coupe, or dont have an rs lip kit or whatever u know? its still preference cuz they think it looks cool. its just there preference u know? kinda the same thing with stickers.. hey if sum american rice fan with a neon wants to slap on one of those sticker cuz it matches his yellow and teal (?) paint job then whatever.. its a sticker.

Quick Reply: What is up with JDM Soshinoya (new driver badge)???