Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Catz Zeta System (HID)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Catz Zeta System (HID)

I saw this HID Kit for sell on group buys for like $225 shipped. It said that it is the SAME as those other expensive HID kits. Just wondering if this worth buying cuz that would save me a couple hundred bucks! tHanks anyone![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

CivicVTec is an unknown quantity at this point
i got my Philips HID for $385.95...i dont know how the Catz do but u get what u pay for
Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

klam is an unknown quantity at this point
The Catz Zeta is not HID. The system just has some sort of ballast to raise wattage in normal halogen bulbs. Opinion that I've read was not favorable, as the higher wattage just caused frequent bulb burnouts.
Old 03-24-2002
BAK
Registered!!

BAK is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Bartkat is running the Catz Zeta setup.
Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

uicmedruss is an unknown quantity at this point

<< The Catz Zeta is not HID. The system just has some sort of ballast to raise wattage in normal halogen bulbs. Opinion that I've read was not favorable, as the higher wattage just caused frequent bulb burnouts. >>

Yup. The Catz comes with Galaxy White bulbs, not true HID bulbs. In fact, if you read their literature on it (somewhere on the web...sorry, I don't have the link anymore) they even say that the setup will brighten your STOCK bulbs. I dunno, man...They call it the "poor man's HID," and I think you get what you pay for. Better off spending the extra $150 that you would spend on replacing your bulbs so much and just getting the real deal in the first place. Just my $0.02
Old 03-25-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep, I have the Catz system. It's a step up from any of the blue or super white bulbs. It's plug and play and the Zeta units increase the voltage to the lights. There is like a one second delay after you turn on your lights and thy brighen up about 75%. You should use the bulbs that come with the system. I have had no problems whatever over a 3 month period of using the Catz. On a side note, I have trashed a coupld sets of PIAA bulbs that faded really fast.

With Catz you also don't lose your high beams. I was on an open stretch of interstate last week and with the high beams, if I could have seen any better, it would have had to be daylight. In fact, I was probably seeing better at night since the road lines and markers really light up with these bulbs.

I suppose it's all a matter of preference and money, but I took the extra bucks and put into a set of Pro Kit springs. My preference.
Old 03-25-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i heard that the catz zeta system is illegal in some states, because some states have laws for about how much voltage is allowed in a headlight bulb?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] and the catz zeta system increase a lot of heat in the housing, owner of high octane had a set of catz zeta and it melted the housing of his 200sx, he had to get new headlights