Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

!!!ATTN!!! Derek kaminari problems!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLAST38 is an unknown quantity at this point
!!!ATTN!!! Derek kaminari problems!

Well this is the deal... I have the entire kit from what I am to understand the first one in the country to have the full kit, carbon fiber hood, and the ktr2 wing with carbon fiber wing (although now 3 more people have ordered it!) to include HKS, and DC!
This is the problem for a hood that's MSRP'd at $900 it sucks! There is a cf seem(where the patterned dosen't match) that runs all the way across the hood, the gell coat has a "bubble" in it. Not to mention it is heavy as a b!tch! Now on to the wing! My body shop guy had a hell of a time getting it on cause well..it just didn't seem like it was made for our car! not to mention it to is so heavy you let go of the trunc and it will almost slam shut! The kit it's self went on with out a hitch! And all of this stuff on a black car is sweet I just thought I would put my two cents in for all of you concidering it! also I will post a more in depth reveiw with pictures soon I would of done the whole picture thing today but my digital camera was permenatly fixxed by my 3 year old! ~ Aj
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

emmagatorone is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there anything you can do with the hood? Will the company do an exchange with you since it appears that you have a defect in yours?
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

They told me I could send it back At MY expence and their R &D dept. would "look at it" and if they deem it was their fault i.e. a factory flaw then they would send me a new one... but if it wasn't there fault they would send the old one back (it roughly costs $200 to ship this thing across country!) not to mention it took almost a month from the time I ordered from the factory to the time I t was on my car and I really don't want to have to wait that long again for the thing!
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

emmagatorone is an unknown quantity at this point
It seems to me that if the pattern does not match in a certain area, it IS their fault and is a factory flaw! It's your car and your money man. I'm sure it would be a hassle to send it back but that is exactly what the company want's! They don't want you to send it back! Good luck!
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

rhyno is an unknown quantity at this point
is it an actual problem with the carbon fiber or is it a problem in the finish. Kaminari recommends that you wet sand and clear coat their hood when you recieve it. I have a friend that has the hood and its flawless.
Old 03-23-2002
Registered!!

SugarRay is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey,

I don't know about the rest of you but I wanna seem some pictures, I can't stand to look at that full kit on that same car. Somebody needs to tell Kamanari to take some better pictures, and not show old 40 year guys in our car getting jocked by some skanks.

Ray
Old 03-23-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
"it to is so heavy you let go of the trunc and it will almost slam shut! "

The OEM rear wing spoiler kit comes with heavy duty trunk springs. You might be able to get the springs from someone like H and A or another online Honda parts dealer.
Old 03-23-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about

<< not to mention it to is so heavy you let go of the trunc and it will almost slam shut! >>

Or you could do this: 2k1 Civic Trunk Shocks installation
Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

SpoonSportsD17 is an unknown quantity at this point

<<

<< not to mention it to is so heavy you let go of the trunc and it will almost slam shut! >>

Or you could do this: 2k1 Civic Trunk Shocks installation
>>

Hey grey do you happen to have the part numbers? I tried to look for it but I didnt know which parts they were. Thanks in advance

Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

myexownsyou is an unknown quantity at this point
where did you order the hood from:? the ram air hood? im tryin to get my hands on that so bad...
Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

Everyone I will have pictures up soon! I tried today but I am a computer retard my digital camera was broke by my tree year old, so I tried to do it with the poliroids the body shop guy took! Didn't work. Anyway the problem is with the carbon fiber and the finish it's nt likeany other I have ever seen there is a black out line that runs all the way around it that is like an inch wide and that is where the "bubble" is then there is a seem in the actul cf that show in light that does not match! As far as where I got it was strait frm kaminari! and also back to the pics my car ill be onteam kaminari very soon as son as that link getsfinished, and I can send them pics!
Old 03-25-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about

<< Hey grey do you happen to have the part numbers? >>

You'll need to figure out exactly which parts you want yourself, but the parts were bought from McMaster. To buy the gas springs themselves go to Power Transmission &gt; Gas Springs and Shock Absorbers &gt; Gas Springs (2) &gt; Gas Springs with Threaded Ends. To buy the end fittings go to Power Transmission &gt; Gas Springs and Shock Absorbers &gt; End Fittings for Gas Springs &gt; Ball Joint End Fittings for Gas Springs with Threaded Ends. Those are the parts that burrite and I used.