General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Response to the "Leave Us Alone" thread ...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Response to the "Leave Us Alone" thread ...

Sorry Derek... you can lock this too if you want ... but I gotta post a reply.

<< the older generation and those of you who are going through mid-life crisis, I think you guys could afford something better than a 2k1civic. Otherwise, get a better job so you can afford something better >>

I've always tried to stand up for, and help the newbies and younger members on this site, but idiotic posts like the one by AB may make me change my mind...

Let me ask you a few simple questions:

Did you pay for your own car? (and I mean 100% of the car, including interest on loans or whatever)
Do you pay rent or mortgage?
Do you have kids to support?
Do you have gas, cable, electricity, and all sorts of other bills to pay?
Do you have to pay for your own food and groceries?

Chances are, the answers are 'NO' to all of the above.

I don't have a problem with teenagers who have their rich parents buy them their cars. But for them to go around telling the older guys that they should get a better job and buy something better than a Civic, is just plain retarded and ignorant.

You make it sound like getting a 6-figure salary is a matter of choice, and that the "older guys" don't have anything else to pay for except their cars and their mods. What kind of "Alice in Wonderland" dream-world do you live in?

It just so happens that some people don't come from rich families, and don't have jobs that pays as much as others. And as hard this may be for you to believe, it just so happens that some people have other priorities besides the type of car that they drive.

It's a fact of life, dude... you should learn it.

Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

form3hide is an unknown quantity at this point
Amen.
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

SubstanceX is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a highschooler, but i agree with what you said...
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

jmythngdmb is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, that kid will give poeple like me a bad name. I disagree with everything he said. A civic is a cheap car, untill you put $20,000 worth of aftermarket stuff in it, which is why I would have a civic even if i won the lottery. Actually, I wouldn't bother with a BMW or Benz, I would just get an S2000 and a civic and put sooooo much work into them. In my opinion, that makes them better than a BMW or Benz. All depends on what your into. And I'm not going to let moding get to my head AB, in fact, some kids in my town started a team and guess what, they are MAKING MONEY FROM THE MODING BUSINESS!!!!! I'll even go as far as to let you know that on any given night there is about $300,000 worth of pimped-out car down the street from my house, and its all b/c they got into the modding business. I guess my point is to let poeple do what they want and mind your own Ps and Qs. By the way, why don't you call me when you get that BMW, I'll be waiting and waiting and waiting and..........
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

pounds is an unknown quantity at this point
that kid has a serious problem...what the hell brought that on anyway?

maybe older memebers really like the car...maybe they would rather have the civic!
just because your older...does not mean you have to buy a different car...especially not a more expensive one!

im still a teenager for another month...but i do not agree with anything that kid said!

he must of had a bad day...maybe his mom grounded him or took his car away! who knows?

Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

MOMMY,MOMMY......i got depantsed in gym class again, they said i had a little D!@K and took my lunch money!

MOMMY....i need some titty..........

im gonna go wine to everyone on the internet cause im a little B!#@H......

Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point

<< MOMMY,MOMMY......i got depantsed in gym class again, they said i had a little D!@K and took my lunch money!

MOMMY....i need some titty..........

im gonna go wine to everyone on the internet cause im a little B!#@H......
>>

hahahahahahaha
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

Maximus is an unknown quantity at this point
Amen as well.
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

BLiTz is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with ''Ronin''... It's not what you drive... It's how you drive and look in it..... Also how much blood and sweat went into it... Anyone can get the money (if they wanted to) to buy a benzo, bmw, lexus, whatever but only people with the drive and creativity can make it look....well u guys know or you wouldn't be on this site..... Getting it is the easy and pansy way of doing it... Earning it and doing it is a true and respectable way.....

I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents... Also can a benzo, bmw, lexus go 400 miles on a full tank of gas????? (Supreme fuel i might add)

Hahahaaa.....[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-17-2001
AB
Registered!!

AB is an unknown quantity at this point
&lt;&lt;Let me ask you a few simple questions:

Did you pay for your own car? (and I mean 100% of the car, including interest on loans or whatever)
Do you pay rent or mortgage?
Do you have kids to support?
Do you have gas, cable, electricity, and all sorts of other bills to pay?
Do you have to pay for your own food and groceries? &gt;&gt;

Ronin, let me ask you this: If you have all those things to take care of, what are you doing here?? your kids are crying and you're on the forum ripping on kids??

I answered NO to all those and you're assuming I have no say in this issue?

First of all, it first occured to me that this website is a nursery when some kid posted something about his parents sucking and then we have other members all make fun of him.

Secondly, another member posted on the Honda-Acura forum that 2k1civic.com is full of newbies and stupid highschoolers. I was highly offended by that remark.

&lt;&lt;I don't have a problem with teenagers who have their rich parents buy them their cars. But for them to go around telling the older guys that they should get a better job and buy something better than a Civic, is just plain retarded and ignorant.

Alright so that was a derogatory remark.. so what? it was the members who complained that the Civic is SUCH a slowass car and since ADULTS are the ones making the income, those who complain should strive to buy a faster car. US KIDS can't do anything about it because our so-called "rich parents" gave it to us as a gift. I never complained about the performance of my car, and it's mostly the ADULTS that are retarded and ignorant to make such a generalization that "Kids are the ones who whine the most"

&lt;&lt;You make it sound like getting a 6-figure salary is a matter of choice, and that the "older guys" don't have anything else to pay for except their cars and their mods. What kind of "Alice in Wonderland" dream-world do you live in?&gt;&gt;

You know what? I wasn't even born in USA and I know for a fact that making 6-figure salary IS a matter of choice. Our founding fathers did not create capitalism for no reason... It's because EVERYONE has the opportunity to succeed. Ever heard of "EQUAL OPPORTUNITY"? That is... if you don't care about education tough luck.. If you do.. best wishes to you. Here is another example of how some adults are just as retarded and ignorant as kids.

Final note, don't tell me how i should live my life. I lived in the ghettos for a couple years and it was hell. I'm a first generation immigrant so I cherish what i have, unlike some people here who take things for granted.

Old 11-17-2001
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
I think AB is talkin' trash, but then again we're all buggin' out when we see old peepz drivin' civic's. One of these days age will not be a factor anymore. Everyone will look young (that is if we still value looking young) because technology will advance to the point where we will be able to look young for all of our lives. I'm lookin' older and older. I would keep buying cars like civic's and hooking them up for as long as I lived if society didn't look down on me for that reason. However, since it looks like they do (AB-type people exist) then I'll probably be motivated to buy something more becoming my age in the future.

My family wasn't the richest in the world when we came to America either. In fact, we came with something like $75 to our name. However, now we're in the upper middle class and I'm grateful for what I have as well. I don't like it when people say that those of us who didn't pay for our cars don't deserve them. I'm sure that there are those people that take that for grantedm but I for one am very grateful that my parents were loving enough to buy me this car. It's not like they just handed it over to me either. I had to have all A's and I will need to pay them back half of the cost when I finally start work after college next year.

Ronin: I agree with you that AB was being the antagonist; however you're generalizing too much.
AB: You started it. Quit it. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

Damian2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol this site is becoming more and more like clubsi.com.....oh well, flames can be entertaining...
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point

<< If you have all those things to take care of, what are you doing here?? your kids are crying and you're on the forum ripping on kids?? >>

If you must know, I am single (with a gf of 8 years), no kids, 32, pay my own rent, bought my own car, paid my own way through university, and am now a software developer for a high-tech company, and making a pretty decent salary.

I was using those questions an example of what some of the peoplel have to deal with in their lives besides worrying about the car they drive. And as for me ripping into kids... please find a post where I have done this. I have been a member here since April, and I still respond the best I can to everybody's questions, regardless of how repetitive they are, and regardless of the person who posted, including newbies.

The fact of the matter is, I am not ripping into kids. I am just ripping into you. Go back and read your own post again, if your memory does not serve you correctly. You are basically stating that people above a certain age should not buy a Civic, and that if they are not within a certain salary range, then there is something wrong with them. And judging from the responses received, I am not the only one who has taken exception to such an ignorant statement.

<< Our founding fathers did not create capitalism for no reason... It's because EVERYONE has the opportunity to succeed. Ever heard of "EQUAL OPPORTUNITY"? That is... if you don't care about education tough luck.. If you do.. best wishes to you. >>

haha... this gets better and better all the time... And thanks for the history lesson. So I guess you're definition of success is if by a certain age, a person drives something better than a Civic, and is within a certain salary range? ..... and if they aren't then they are failures? You realize what you have done is insult everybody on this site who has worked hard to buy themselves their own Civics with their own money? Has it ever occurred to you that maybe some of these people actually like the Civic?

With the salary I make now, I could have easily bought a BMW or an Audi, or some other luxury car. But I'm too practical to buy something like that. Being seen in a fancy expensive car is not important to me. I bought the Civic because it is practical, good on gas, and a great buy for the price you pay. Personally, I do not judge a person's wealth or success by the car they drive. And like I said before, it just so happens that some people have other priorities besides the type of car that they drive.

I get the impression that you are trying to stand up for your peers... the high-school kids on this site. Funny thing is, they are also flaming you in return for your warped views.

Old 11-17-2001
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
like i said before.. lets all just be glad we are not taking the bus to school / work anymore
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

<< Our founding fathers did not create capitalism for no reason... >>

technically......if you werent born in the U.S.....then they arent your founding fathers!

haha...sorry....that was bad!
Old 11-17-2001
AB
Registered!!

AB is an unknown quantity at this point
&lt;&lt; they are also flaming you in return for your warped views. &gt;&gt;

Well, I wouldn't have posted here if I didn't expect to get flamed did i?

Ronin: Alright if you continue to not get the point of my posts, then I'll leave you with that, because I'm not gonna waste anymore time on this. The thing is, you are the manifestation of the ignorance of people. I make a point across on the forum, it was lockdown for a reason, yet you took the liberty of creating another post to criticize me for something you misunderstood.

&lt;&lt; You are basically stating that people above a certain age should not buy a Civic, and that if they are not within a certain salary range, then there is something wrong with them. &gt;&gt;

If I remember correctly, I never mentioned anything about age, nor salary range. Also, I didn't state it before until I realized how much you missed the point of my original post but I was only referring to ADULTS who complained about their civics. If they don't like it, they can go as far as getting a better job to pay for a better car or they can just trade it in for another car. Kids do not have the liberty to do that. If this argument was centered around the fact that I made a derogatory statement insulting middle the working class, well then i apologize because I was venting my anger that the older generations look down upon the younger generations.

The point is, why the hating on kids. If you come to 2k1civic.com expecting auto-mechanic experts and people who have experience, then you're looking at the wrong place. Why can't we just end the bashing of saying "search this" "search that", or "you're just a highschooler, what the hell do you know about making a living".

Hey if you want to argue about the relationship between cars, income and social status, let the experts tell you the statistics. I'm just stating the truth. Whether you're a conformist or not, i don't really care.
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

2001CivicEx2dr is an unknown quantity at this point
shouldn't this all be in off-topic?
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

civicman10 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< shouldn't this all be in off-topic? >>

who cares?
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

Senatorjaydon is an unknown quantity at this point
Get over it, AB. Focus on your grammer and spelling while you're still in high school. Otherwise, the only thing you'll be able to buy when you graduate is a bicycle at your local pawnshop.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-17-2001
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
hey AB shut da fu*ck up................

hey im a dumb *** teenager im proud to say dat i sound dumb, and probably dumb like ****....... compared to ..... well hu gives a fu*ck.

i love being a teenager and i love wutever da fu*ck i have...... and dude, don't trip on parent's cuz deyr sperm and egg created ur A$$..............

go outside and play in da sandbox, better off play wid ur barbie [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-17-2001
Registered!!

civicman10 is an unknown quantity at this point
This guy doesn't represent us teenagers either