Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Catz Zeta System (HID) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/29284-catz-zeta-system-hid.html)

Dragon 03-24-2002 01:27 PM

Catz Zeta System (HID)

I saw this HID Kit for sell on group buys for like $225 shipped. It said that it is the SAME as those other expensive HID kits. Just wondering if this worth buying cuz that would save me a couple hundred bucks! tHanks anyone![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

CivicVTec 03-24-2002 02:41 PM

i got my Philips HID for $385.95...i dont know how the Catz do but u get what u pay for

klam 03-24-2002 03:00 PM

The Catz Zeta is not HID. The system just has some sort of ballast to raise wattage in normal halogen bulbs. Opinion that I've read was not favorable, as the higher wattage just caused frequent bulb burnouts.

BAK 03-24-2002 03:08 PM

I think Bartkat is running the Catz Zeta setup.

uicmedruss 03-24-2002 11:41 PM

<< The Catz Zeta is not HID. The system just has some sort of ballast to raise wattage in normal halogen bulbs. Opinion that I've read was not favorable, as the higher wattage just caused frequent bulb burnouts. >>

Yup. The Catz comes with Galaxy White bulbs, not true HID bulbs. In fact, if you read their literature on it (somewhere on the web...sorry, I don't have the link anymore) they even say that the setup will brighten your STOCK bulbs. I dunno, man...They call it the "poor man's HID," and I think you get what you pay for. Better off spending the extra $150 that you would spend on replacing your bulbs so much and just getting the real deal in the first place. Just my $0.02

Bartkat 03-25-2002 07:12 AM

Yep, I have the Catz system. It's a step up from any of the blue or super white bulbs. It's plug and play and the Zeta units increase the voltage to the lights. There is like a one second delay after you turn on your lights and thy brighen up about 75%. You should use the bulbs that come with the system. I have had no problems whatever over a 3 month period of using the Catz. On a side note, I have trashed a coupld sets of PIAA bulbs that faded really fast.

With Catz you also don't lose your high beams. I was on an open stretch of interstate last week and with the high beams, if I could have seen any better, it would have had to be daylight. In fact, I was probably seeing better at night since the road lines and markers really light up with these bulbs.

I suppose it's all a matter of preference and money, but I took the extra bucks and put into a set of Pro Kit springs. My preference.

Voiceofid 03-25-2002 07:58 AM

i heard that the catz zeta system is illegal in some states, because some states have laws for about how much voltage is allowed in a headlight bulb?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] and the catz zeta system increase a lot of heat in the housing, owner of high octane had a set of catz zeta and it melted the housing of his 200sx, he had to get new headlights:tdown: