I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

No power at all again

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeadCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
No power at all again

This is an ongoing problem. Battery dead. I jump start the battery and take my car to the auto parts store around me. The person was checking the voltage of things and told me my alternator was bad. I replaced the alternator and then got a brand new battery because it was under warranty. I drove the car for a day and now my car is completely dead again. I turn the key and there’s no lights. Nothing. I visually inspected the 100amp fuse and it doesn’t look blown. The terminals don’t have any corrosion and appear to be in good shape. The car has 60k miles on it but it’s 13 years old. 2006 Civic LX

One thing I did last night before I had any repeated battery problems, I disconnected the battery to put on those red and black anti corrosion rings because I forgot to get them from off old battery. I took the terminals off negative first, then positive. The terminals never touched anything. After I hooked the battery back up, I drove my car to the store and back then back home like normal. Now this morning my car is dead. Where do I go from here?
Old 02-05-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: No power at all again

First isolate if it is an initial battery/alternator starting issue (even though they are new). If it starts by jumper cable you know the other systems are working (fuses, relays, power ground, ecu).

That will leave you with either a parasitic lose where a system is draining the battery overnight, a bad alternator, bad battery, or loose alternator belt.

If while hooked up to jumper cables/starter pack, it does not start then listen for the starter. If no starter, test that circuit first, then replace the starter as needed.

If the Battery, alternator, and starter are good, then you'll be down to relays/fuses/wiring/ecu or parasitic lose.

Good luck.