I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Dimmer wire and Steering Wheel Audio Controls - 2012 Civic EX Sedan w/Navigation

Old 02-13-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
foolhardy is an unknown quantity at this point
Dimmer wire and Steering Wheel Audio Controls - 2012 Civic EX Sedan w/Navigation

I purchased a Seicane Android head unit to replace my nearly useless Navigation unit in my civic. The head unit came with a bunch of harness adapters but no install instructions.

1. The steering wheel audio controls on the left side of the steering wheel do not work. These control volume up and down, previous, and next; as well as the bluetooth controls.
2. The head unit does not respond to dimmer control or headlights. The unit never goes into "night mode" (where the illuminated buttons illuminate and the screen dims).

There were no installation instructions included with the head unit. After making all connections available, I still had 4 factory plugs left over (noted in red) and 2 new plugs left over (noted in blue).

I also had 4 loose wires left over (noted in green).

Do some of these unused plugs or wires carry steering wheel controls and dimmer? If so, how and where do they need to be connected?

Seicane Android 8.0 10.1 inch has no install instructions

Seicane "support" has been worthless and I regret buying this head unit. My emails to their "after sales" support take days to yield a one-line, incomplete-sentence, un-helpful reply.
Old 02-15-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
foolhardy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dimmer wire and Steering Wheel Audio Controls - 2012 Civic EX Sedan w/Navigation

Well crap
Old 02-15-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dimmer wire and Steering Wheel Audio Controls - 2012 Civic EX Sedan w/Navigation

Originally Posted by foolhardy
Seicane "support" has been worthless and I regret buying this head unit. My emails to their "after sales" support take days to yield a one-line, incomplete-sentence, un-helpful reply.
Chinese company and they don't seem to have a US based office. I try to avoid companies like this because of lack of customer service.

Room 15-H,15 Floor,NanyuanFengye Building,Nanshan DaDao,Nanshan District , Shenzhen City ,Guangdong Province , China