Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Does ANYONE know what this is?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dizzymofo is an unknown quantity at this point
Does ANYONE know what this is?!?

Okay well my car won't start.. I turned the key and it sounded like the starter keys weren't aligning correctly. So I just figured it was the starter.. Well my dad wanted me to go see if the battery was okay.. So I took out the battery and took it up to autozone and they told me it was a good battery.. okay.. So I put the battery back in and now the car won't even turn over.. Before I took the battery in the car would get power, and now the car doesn't even get poewr from the battery (yes, all the wires are hooked up).

anyways I'm getting the car worked on tomorrow, but I am wondering if anyone might be able to diagnose the problem so I know the place isn't feeding me any BS.

Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated!

Thank You,
Thomas.
Old 04-18-2004

GreenNVicious can only hope to improve
prob your alternator or starter, if it is, damn, that's early to be replacing that
Old 04-18-2004
Registered!!

yah I BELIEVE that it is the alternator because I know I've had problems with it before and Honda told me it was okay (which was a load of crap). I just hooked up a charger to my battery and it was empty, which is odd because it was full when I took it to get tested, so it really does sound like the alternator.
Old 04-18-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I bet the starting problem is from the dead battery, and the dead battery is from bad alternator not charging it enough. A starter problem would be rare.
Old 04-18-2004
Registered!!

Yah well I tried to jump start it with my dad's truck and it was turning over, and everything powered up, but it wouldn't start completely.. It's weird because I just took it to honda to have an electrical check done on the alternator and they said everything was okay.. Definently not going back to that dealership .
Old 04-18-2004

GreenNVicious can only hope to improve
the dealership just shrugs you off until you come back with more problems, more probs=more $$
Old 04-18-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I'm on my third alternator already.
Old 04-18-2004
Registered!!

I'll replace the Alternator and see if that fixes the problem..

Thanks!

Last edited by Dizzymofo; 04-18-2004 at 02:37 PM.