Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Lock Issue 2010 Civic LX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cvazquez08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning everyone!

My car was just repaired from a minor accident to the front right fender / door. After i received my car last night my passenger side door does not stay unlocked whether i use the remote or unlock it manually. I unlock door ( either way ) and it instantly locks itself not giving me time to open door. It has happened to the driver side door maybe 2 out 5 times.

I tried resetting the auto lock feature by following instructions in the manual and no luck. Any ideas what it could be?
Old 05-12-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cvazquez08 is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted this question on the electrical forum, not sure if wouldve been the right place to post this question

My car was just repaired from a minor accident to the front right fender / door. After i received my car last night my passenger side door does not stay unlocked whether i use the remote or unlock it manually. I unlock door ( either way ) and it instantly locks itself not giving me time to open door. It has happened to the driver side door maybe 2 out 5 times.

I tried resetting the auto lock feature by following instructions in the manual and no luck. Any ideas what it could
Old 05-12-2016
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lock Issue 2010 Civic LX Sedan

The cable that goes from the door lock cylinder on the handle to the lock actuator could be mis installed or bound up. Or they could have damage the switch that tells the key that you have rotated the lock cylinder. My guess is that they had the handle off and mis installed it when they put it back together.

Either way, if the car is relocking the doors it is because it thinks you want the doors locked.
Old 05-12-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lock Issue 2010 Civic LX Sedan

Return to the bodyshop, they need to make it right.