Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

QUESTION: Please help if you can.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xeroid is an unknown quantity at this point
QUESTION: Please help if you can.

2010 Civic Auto Trans.

Service code 3 to drain/replace transmission fluid. About every 40k miles, or 60k Km, the 3 code will appear to tell you to replace transmission fluid. This is a simple drain from plug and fill. It actually drains ONLY about 1/3 of the transmission fluid. THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FLUSH.

How necessary is this .... and does it even make sense? Doing it this way you will never have 100% fresh new transmission fluid in your transmission. It will always be mostly used and degraded.

Why not a complete flush at 100k miles instead? Wouldn't that make more sense !!!
Old 08-31-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: QUESTION: Please help if you can.

Do you happen to know what the honda procedure for atf flushing is? It is drain the transmission, refill trans, drive car, repeat steps 1-4 until you have used 12 qts.

Honda very clearly and very repeatedly state DO NOT USE ATF FLUSHING MACHINES ON HONDAS. It has been known to cause bizarre transmission behavior including random shifts to nuetral. I have changed the ATF in my accord more times than I have changed the oil, but I work at a dealer. My accord has a known high trans failure rate and atf is more or less free to me.
Old 08-31-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

MM waits too long for ATF.

Drain & fill every 25-30k with Honda fluid....no worries.
Old 08-31-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xeroid
Why not a complete flush
Because JizzyLube won't use the Honda recommended fluid or the Honda recommended procedure.
at 100k miles instead?
That's way too long. Ever felt TCC shudder in a small car like this?
Wouldn't that make more sense!!!
Question marks would make more sense there LOL

It's your car and your money, do whatever you want.