Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Power door locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdrolltide is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Power door locks not working

I've got an 07 Civic LX coupe and the power door locks don't work. I've searched the threads here and none are the same as what I'm experiencing.

Neither door lock switch works inside the car and neither does the remote. I do hear a faint click under the dash when either switch or the remote is used. The lights do flash when you hit unlock on the remote. Nothing happens when you hit lock on the remote.

There is no clicking, etc at the door and there is no movement of the manual lock lever at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice
Re: Power door locks not working

Not incredibly helpful here, but it's best to check the simple things first...
Have you taken a look at the fuses?
Old 08-31-2015
Registered!!

Yep. Fuses are good.

Originally Posted by jordan1794
Not incredibly helpful here, but it's best to check the simple things first...
Have you taken a look at the fuses?
Old 08-31-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like it's gonna be a MICU problem inside the fusebox, but I'd sure want to do some testing before pulling the trigger on that one.

And, um, if it does get to that point of replacing the fusebox, it'll have to go to a dealer for programming as the MICU is part of the immobilizer system on those cars.
Old 09-01-2015
Registered!!

In my best "Church Lady" voice, well isn't that special! I'm sure that's not cheap.

If it makes any difference, the lights do activate when I press lock on the remote.

Will an MICU problem affect any other functions of the vehicle?

Thanks for the replies!

Originally Posted by ezone
Sounds like it's gonna be a MICU problem inside the fusebox, but I'd sure want to do some testing before pulling the trigger on that one.

And, um, if it does get to that point of replacing the fusebox, it'll have to go to a dealer for programming as the MICU is part of the immobilizer system on those cars.

Last edited by jdrolltide; 09-01-2015 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Add a follow up question.
Old 09-01-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdrolltide
In my best "Church Lady" voice, well isn't that special! I'm sure that's not cheap.

If it makes any difference, the lights do activate when I press lock on the remote.

Will an MICU problem affect any other functions of the vehicle?

Thanks for the replies!
MICU is Hondas equivalent of a body control systems computer, and yes there is a lot of stuff that it does.

Will anything else be affected?? I have no idea.

Like I said, I'd want to do some testing to make certain there isn't something else causing the issue before pulling the trigger on that unit.