Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car won't start, power issue

Old 01-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crizivan is an unknown quantity at this point
Car won't start, power issue

To start off, it was just a battery problem. I installed new batteries but I put em on the opposite way yes I'm retarded. Now my problem is I know some fuses might be burned out. Idk which ones. I don't want to start just pulling them out. Thank you in advance. I'm trying not to spend but also I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to cars. I tested the fuses under the hood but they seemed to be fine, except for the main ignition switch fuse? But I bought a new one and still to no avail. I haven't checked any of the fuses inside though..
Old 01-03-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car won't start, power issue

Battery connected backwards will blow the biggest fuse, look for the biggest fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. If car is 06 or newer it's probably black, not an obvious fuse and labeled 100A/70A and held in with screws.
Old 01-03-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Fuse #1 here

Old 01-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crizivan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Fuse #1 here

Cool, I'll look into it. What about the fuses inside the car? Is there anything I need to worry about in there? Thanks a lot!
Old 01-05-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

The large main ones are all outside.
Old 01-05-2015

The larger main fuse should get it to run again.

Once it runs again, you'll have to discover for yourself if anything else isn't working and check them out accordingly.
Old 01-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Check everything, some things are less obvious than others!

I popped a fuse on my 2014, didn't find out until 2 weeks later when I went to honk the horn and got nada.
Old 01-06-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jordan1794
Check everything, some things are less obvious than others!

I popped a fuse on my 2014, didn't find out until 2 weeks later when I went to honk the horn and got nada.
Wow, you likely had no brake lights as well.
Old 01-06-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Brake lights worked, I checked the lights, windshield wipers, and inside lights.

Didn't think about the horn though, it has it's own fuse in the engine fuse box.

I accidentally shorted the two wires that connect the sensor for the negative terminal when I was changing it out.