Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

headlight covers cloudy and dash lights out

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bbar is an unknown quantity at this point
headlight covers cloudy and dash lights out

Hi,

Have an '06 EX . 2 questions: 1-The plastic headlight covers are worn and faded. What is the best wheel or cleaner system for me to buy to get them cleaned up. 2- I have 2 dash lights out. They are next to each other and are 2 of the lights that show where the air is going (feet/ head etc). How bad a job to get to them? Are they individual bulbs?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: headlight covers cloudy and dash lights out

probably bulbs. for the headlights, a store kit like meguiars and a drill will get them looking good enough. if you want like new, have a headlight shop do a full restoration with professional buffing pads and compounds.
Old 10-02-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, the 8th gens still use neo-wedge style bulbs for the hvac illumination.
Old 10-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bbar is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for responses. My headlight covers are really bad from 173000 miles of highway. Maybe I'll get new ones. How difficult is it to change out the cover assemblies?
Old 10-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

You can't get just the covers. They're sold as part of the headlight assembly.

I've always wet sanded with fine grit sandpaper then hit it with a couple of coats of clear coat.
Old 10-07-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well you could get the $70 pair of oem style ebay lights and swap the covers to your light housings. thats about the only thing i can think of instead of spending $350 on new real oems or restoring the old ones which will be good enough but not brand new. but its kinda a pain and messy, and you need to reseal them properly otherwise water will get in.