Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mycarisbroken is an unknown quantity at this point
Wiring

What the hell is going on here, my cars a 1998 honda civic but it has an obd2b ecu and dizzy, it's also missing plug a in the ecu but has a random brown plug sitting out

Old 05-24-2020
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wiring

Are you working on a real electrical problem, or did you just poke around and discover this stuff?
If it runs fine as is, it's probably best to leave it alone. .

It doesn't have the original ecm, might be that way because the engine was swapped? Manual trans in the car, but ecm might be for automatic trans? IDK. Research the part number on the ecm and engine codes and there may be a vin tag on the engine to research if you really need more info.

The brown connector that you can't actually connect to anything, that looks like a splice pack. (like a shell with several terminals inside to connect groups of circuits together) also normal.
Old 05-25-2020
Registered!!

My check engine light is on for like 15 different sensors, which are all supposed to be in that plug, and the tach doesn't work, which is also supposed to be in that plug, that's good to know about the brown plug though, the ecu is for a 99 si and I'm 99%sure the engine is original
Old 05-25-2020
Click Here

Received 1,157 Likes on 904 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Wait, you’re running an Si ecu?

If I recall correctly, they didn’t make an Si in ‘98 so either you’re running a completely wrong ecu or your engine has been swapped.

Edit: Just noticed you're in Canada, so ignore all of the above. That applies to USDM cars.

What's the engine code? If you have the correct ECU it should read D16Y8.

Last edited by FRSam; 05-25-2020 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2020
Registered!!

I do have a completely wrong ecu, the engine code is d16y8 but my ecu is from a 99-00 civic, obd2b instead of obd2a
There is no obd2a to obd2b harness in the car though, and all the wiring seems to look stock besides random things without a plug in them ( and missing ecu clip a)

Last edited by Mycarisbroken; 05-25-2020 at 01:43 PM.