Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeadHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Stereo

Okay well radio was perfect all day i was running around buying parts getting ready to set up the sub, i fed the line the best i could and disconnected to battery to be able to hook up the amp harness, attached the harness connected to battery made sure every wire was connected right and BOOM radio stops working.
At this point i got uset im so lost for eords im like wtf happened, i **** with the wire harness made sure its connected right and still nothing, called crutchfield many times got the same bullshit stories and a little bit of help. I went to walmart and bought a fuse tester and then headed to auto zone, i checked the fuses there cause honestly i didnt know how to work that damn tester, i realized the fuses wernt blown so i put them back and heading back to best buy. I then bought a new wire harness and installed it, didnt work, called crutchfield and determined that it couldve been a malfunction in the radio itself, so bought a new radio, set it up with all the harnesses and NOTHING.
Im so lost right now and i have no idea the issue, rn i have no radio and im a little pissed off, i mightve blown out some of the computer cause even the gauges arent responding as fast as they should, some of the electrical **** doesnt work and im broke as a joke after today....
Old 06-05-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Stereo

Year and model?

There is a fuse under the hood that you probably blew but I can't think of its name at the moment. Back up maybe?!?

Did you hook up the illumination wire?
Old 06-05-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stereo

Battery ran down?

Did you check all fuses in both fuse boxes?

DO NOT CONNECT any wires labeled illumination!