Short circuit, no power to dash - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Short circuit, no power to dash

Old 07-18-2016
Registered!!

jgett002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Short circuit, no power to dash

I have a 1994 civic vx hatchback.

I was trying to diagnose why may car was turning over but not starting so I got some noid lights, fuel pressure gauge, spark plugs, spark tester, compression gauge, etc. to cover all bases. I checked the spark plugs and saw that they weren't sparking but my wife suggested I try the other test I was telling her about. I figured why not because I already had all the equipment right there.

I borrowed a box of noid lights from Autozone but they didn't have any for honda civic. I googled it and saw in a forum which light someone used from that set for their honda. I checked the first fuel injector and it lit up, when I checked the second fuel injector the car lost all power and does absolutely nothing with the key in.

Where should I start looking for a short, blown fuse, whatever? I'm not good with electronics.
Thank you
Old 07-18-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Short circuit, no power to dash

the car lost all power and does absolutely nothing with the key in.
Dead battery? Bad connections?
Old 07-18-2016
Registered!!

jgett002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Short circuit, no power to dash

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the battery did die because I accidentally turned the headlights on when I was cleaning the car and checked back a week later to find a completely dead battery. I took it to autozone and they charged it for free. When I was doing these tests it had about 11.90 volts and it was turning over fine. Once I plugged the noid light in and cranked it again there was absolutely no response with the key in the ignition. I checked the battery after and it was still at 11.9 volts.