Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Anti theft light not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Techno is an unknown quantity at this point
Anti theft light not coming on

So, I have a 2007 Civic Hybrid. It has one of those lock systems that locks itself once when it reaches a certain speed (9 mph). Yesterday, when I was driving at about 9:20 pm, I noticed that it would keep relocating itself (even though it had already been locked) every time it reached 9 mph after being at a stop light or a stop sign. Then, when I got to my destination and locked it remotely with my key, I noticed that the lights wouldn't blink as usual, AND it wouldn't beep when I pressed the lock button for the second time... as usual. It would just engage the locks again. I looked through the window from outside and saw that the anti theft light wasn't blinking either. Could it all be related? Should I go to the dealership where I bought it to get it checked, or should I go to a Honda, where they're experts on... you know... hehe... Hondas?
Old 12-02-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti theft light not coming on

Lock the car.
Walk around it and check all of the doors.
You have at least one door that is unlocked.

Probably a bad power lock actuator....or something related to that.
Old 12-02-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Techno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Lock the car.
Walk around it and check all of the doors.
You have at least one door that is unlocked.

Probably a bad power lock actuator....or something related to that.
I just tried it, and all the doors were properly closed. I even reopened and closed them all to make sure. Still doing the same. :/
Old 12-02-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The system will keep attempting to lock all the doors as you go above 9mph when it believes (one or any) are not locked.

How about PARTIALLY unlocked.....They might be mechanically locked, but a mechanism might not be moving far enough to engage the electrical switch.

Roll all the windows down, stand outside...close and lock the doors.

check the manual lock tabs on the inside...see if one is not all the way in the locked position, push each one all the way by hand and try to lock with the remote while doing so.