Cruise Control Install - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Cruise Control Install

Old 07-26-2014
Registered!!

06Honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Cruise Control Install

Is it possible to have cruise control installed in my current 06 Honda civic DX-G automatic. I take a lot of long long trips several times a year down through the maritimes and this would be very nice to have for these long drives. Don't mind paying in the $500 range if necessary, not sure if I can just go to a local mechanic and they'll just do it or look at me like I am nuts.
Old 07-26-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cruise Control Install

The car uses "throttle by wire", and the factory cruise functions are incorporated within the PCM instead of being a standalone system.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket kits compatible, but I haven't looked in years.
You can research on your own, whatever you find will have to be able to work with the fly-by-wire systems.