Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

upgrade wiper control?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kathleen is an unknown quantity at this point
Question upgrade wiper control?

Is it possible to upgrade the fixed intermittent wiper control on an 08 DX-G, to a variable intermittent wiper, like they have on the LX models? Thanks.
Old 01-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: upgrade wiper control?

The DX and LX wiper switches are listed as the same part. I think the one you need is the EX switch. Physically they mount in the same place in the same way and they probably use the same connector. Whether they're wired the same is anybody's guess.
Old 01-08-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at a wiring diagram, I believe the EX has one more wire than the others, for the "intermittent dwell time controller", and I'm sure the MICU will be different too.

Short answer: Not a swap.
Old 01-08-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

It does require a single wire ran from the wiper switch connector to the MICU.

I used some terminal pins robbed from old computer cables for both the switch and micu connections.

Once in place it is a very cool setup, wipe interval shortens as speed increases. Single wipe when letting off the brake after stop.
Old 01-08-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Well isn't that cool! I just saw the EX fusebox assy is different from the DX.

Makes me wonder if I can make the same swap work on my 12 LX.
Old 01-09-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

If the DX comes with fixed delay I would bet you can run the wire to get the variable setup.

I would imagine the 9th gen would be the same situation, needing only the single wire.