1998 DX Coupe - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2011   #1  
Registered!!

Swag-o-Holic is an unknown quantity at this point
1998 DX Coupe

I just bought a 1998 DX coupe form a guy off Craigslist, he said the Odomiter and speedometer was not working. so i went their and he was asking $3200 For it but the Trans was Slipping and the lights flashing (inside and out) and i bought the car thinking i could fix this all really easy. the first thing i found on Google was check the fuses so i did and he had a 5Amp fuse in a 7.5 and it was blown, i replaced the fuse and the car runs perfect. no problems what so ever just a little bad idling once you become to a stop which is my idle censer but i talked him down 600 dollar's over a 1 Dollar fuse.
Swag-o-Holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #2  
Registered!!

HondaDr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 1998 DX Coupe

Sounds like you did very well on that. You can go with me when I buy my next car lol.
HondaDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #3  
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Nice. gotta love it when stuff like that happens, Post some pictures when you can..
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #4  
Registered!!

Swag-o-Holic is an unknown quantity at this point

The guy worked at CarMax which is like Auto Trader and i would think he would know what was wrong with the car...
Swag-o-Holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #5  
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Sometimes people don't want to bother trouble shooting and think its easier to just rid of the car. Or he is a good salesman but horrible machanic.
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote