Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Broken wire to power windows?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
miggitymark is an unknown quantity at this point
Broken wire to power windows?

I just bought a car that had no power to the power windows. The motors were disconected, and I cant get power to the master switch. I do have power at the fuses though.

My problem: I can't find where the wires go into (or out of) the fuse box. It's just too crowded in there for me to see where they go. The service manual only mentions the floor harness (c556) but doesnt show its location.

Can anyone tell me which connector it is out of the fuse box?
Old 05-15-2010
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Broken wire to power windows?

check the power window relay. if it's removed it diables all windows. dont remimbe witch one it is though. might be in the hood or dash fuse box
Old 05-16-2010
Registered!!

miggitymark is an unknown quantity at this point

...one step ahead of you...

all fuses and relays work, and I have voltage at those fuses. I dont have voltage at the switches though.

Is there a way to take off the rubber boot that covers the wiring between the door and the body? or is there a way to disconnect the wiring from the door? it's covered in electric grease in there
Old 05-16-2010
Registered!!

vanser3004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually I don't believe that it's broken wire or something - if there are not working all power windows - there should be at least several broken wires. At your under-dash fuse box check wires that run to the Master switch for power right on connectors. It's easy to get access to the under-dash fuse box wire's connectors, just unscrew the bolt on the right side of it and pull it down, it should slide down.
I think most likely you have bad connection at under-dash fuse box (check them) make tighter connection by bending it with little screw-driver. If there are no power on them could be problem with fuse-box.
Old 05-17-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

What year and body style is this ??
Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

indiggio is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you ever resolve your problem with a suspected broken wire?

I'm having similar issues with just my passenger side window. All others work, and I've replaced the regulator and switches. Now I'm thinking it's a broken wire somewhere.

I suspect the break is inside either the driver or passenger boot as they get the most movement.

Thanks