Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Major Problem???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PsiCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Major Problem???

i have a 89 civic hatch and i went to my car and my battery was dead and its a new battery... so i noticed that the tail lights stay on even though i turn off the lights and i cant figure out why? can someone plz give me detailed help on some ideas on how to fix this cuz it wont hold a charge therefore i have no HONDA!!!
thx guys
Old 04-15-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough
Re: Major Problem???

Take the battery to an auto shop (like Autozone, etc...) and get them to test the battery. Also, check the terminal connections for corrosion and make sure they are on right. Hope that this helps!

Wagner
Old 04-22-2008
Registered!!

RFlum is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Major Problem??? I doubt it....

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I've got an '88 Civic. I hope you have the same solution I did.
On mine, the brake light switch had gone out of adjustment - only took it 20 years..... It's easy to fix. Under the brake pedal arm there's a button push-switch. It has an adjusting nut. Loosen it, adjust the button AWAY from the brake pedal arm. Tighten it.
What's happening is when you release the brake, the arm is supposed to back away from the switch so it comes out to the OFF position. If it is too close to the arm, it never opens enough to break the connection to the taillights.
This ruined my battery, draining it down to nothing 2 or 3 times until I figured it out.
Good luck! Rob