Vibration/Shutter while turning - Honda Civic Forum

Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2012   #1
Registered!!

zackbmiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Vibration/Shutter while turning

Hey forum! First time posting here, glad to find a nice civic forum.

The past few days, I've noticed a pretty nice vibration/shutter when I make left hand turns. I feel it slightly in the right hand turns, but not nearly as much in the lefts. I AM due for an alignment. I'm hoping that this is the cure to my problem, but I want to be sure.

I've jacked my car up, checked for play in both tires, both are fine, so I'm sure the bearings are still good. I've replaced both half shafts and brake pads about 15k miles ago. My suspension seems to be fine when I apply weight to the front of the car.

Just a concerned honda owner that wants to keep his car ticking

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Below are few pictures.

Front

Top Front

Rotter and break pad

Behind the wheel assembly

End of half-shaft

Spring

I will keep the car jacked, so if I need to take any other pictures or pick apart anything, I can.

Again, thank you all!
zackbmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #2
Registered!!

zackbmiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Vibration/Shutter while turning

Update: After my father and I looking at the car, we found that the tire and/or the rim is causing this problem. Once I replace the rim, the tire, and get an alignment, I will let you all know how it went.
zackbmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #3
Registered!!

Gilbert991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Vibration/Shutter while turning

Hi all i think you want to repair the shaft and spring and these two part are looking damage in these pictures.
Gilbert991 is offline   Reply With Quote