Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grid -- Good/Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
__Doc_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grid -- Good/Bad?

I've had really bad luck with tires. well .. That's not entirely true. I have an 07 coupe and the rear suspension ****ed up my tires (uneven wear due to control arms). I went through two sets before they told me there was a recall on the suspension. MY first set was Yokohama (stock (12K miles on them)) second set is some Goodyear avenger (had to change to these bc the Yokohama was dry rotting(24-30k miles on them)) These tires are LOUD!! and I mean LOUD. It's like riding in a truck with 44" Super Swampers.

So I asked around and this guy (tire barn) suggested I get Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grid -- I wasn't aware of how expensive they were, so I'm wondering if it's worth $559.96 ( 215/45 R17 )
I do live in the country so my roads aren't 100% the best. These are suppose to be an all-weather, good wear, quiet etc etc

any tips/suggestions would be appreciated!!
thanks

side note
I asked HONDA if they would replace my tires because it's basically their fault. So we're like sure If your tire is on the list of stock tires we'll replace it. Even if I was using the stock tire that came on my car they wouldn't replace it because it's not on their list, although it's STOCK from the showroom. Pissed me off.
Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough
Re: Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grid -- Good/Bad?

Originally Posted by __Doc_
I've had really bad luck with tires. well .. That's not entirely true. I have an 07 coupe and the rear suspension ****ed up my tires (uneven wear due to control arms). I went through two sets before they told me there was a recall on the suspension. MY first set was Yokohama (stock (12K miles on them)) second set is some Goodyear avenger (had to change to these bc the Yokohama was dry rotting(24-30k miles on them)) These tires are LOUD!! and I mean LOUD. It's like riding in a truck with 44" Super Swampers.

So I asked around and this guy (tire barn) suggested I get Bridgestone -- I wasn't aware of how expensive they were, so I'm wondering if it's worth $559.96 ( 215/45 R17 )
I do live in the country so my roads aren't 100% the best. These are suppose to be an all-weather, good wear, quiet etc etc

any tips/suggestions would be appreciated!!
thanks

side note
I asked HONDA if they would replace my tires because it's basically their fault. So we're like sure If your tire is on the list of stock tires we'll replace it. Even if I was using the stock tire that came on my car they wouldn't replace it because it's not on their list, although it's STOCK from the showroom. Pissed me off.
I've never been happy with the high performance Potenzas, they wore out at 15,000 on the 350Z and now my dad's Cayman that has 20,000 on it has worn through a set. (not driving hard)
Old 08-19-2010
Registered!!

__Doc_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grid -- Good/Bad?

I don't drive hard, but my roads are hard and I occasionally go over 100mph lol