Project Em2

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProjectEm2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Project Em2

Hey guys just wanted to state that this is my first car I will be trying to build so forgive the lack of knowledge. Just here trying to get some helpful advice on building my em2! Atm as my car sits rn is bone stock, my exhaust rusted out and lost it in the road was planning on swapping to a catback anyways but this incident kinda gives me a reason to start it now lol. I've been looking between tsudo yonaka and magnaflow any thoughts??? (Advice from experience?) Also need a new header as the stock 4-1 is rusted and done was considering megan headers also any thoughts? Would love links and thoughts and reasons to why which would be the best route! Also not trying to cheap out but also going to try to keep it budget
Old 07-16-2019
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: Project Em2

There is a whole section on this forum with bolt on performance info. Search around a bit.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ne-performance

Personally I had DC sport 4-2-1 (cat delete) headers and a Magnaflow cat back. Hated every second of it, it was way too loud for my taste and sounded ricey.
Old 07-16-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,450 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

DC sports 4-1 (keep cat, it meows) sounds better.
wait for the discounts, it's almost time for the THmotorsports discounts in November (that's when i got mine)
Old 07-16-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
There is a whole section on this forum with bolt on performance info. Search around a bit.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ne-performance

Personally I had DC sport 4-2-1 (cat delete) headers and a Magnaflow cat back. Hated every second of it, it was way too loud for my taste and sounded ricey.
Thanks for your the reply would you happen to have a clip of it so I can hear it ?
Old 07-16-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Ex headers are about as good as you can get for headers. Aftermarket might offer a little better flow. Add a high flow cat and HKS axle back. Makes a very nice sound. I have a video I can post in a min.
Old 07-16-2019
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Old 07-16-2019
Registered!!

Sounds dope homie chance you could hmu with links to buy??
Also my oem header is done for I know aftermarket wont much different but I'm also going for looks as well as performance
Old 07-16-2019
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by ProjectEm2
Sounds dope homie chance you could hmu with links to buy??
Use the Google to find the cheapest price. I bought it used.

Also my oem header is done for I know aftermarket wont much different but I'm also going for looks as well as performance
Yes aftermarket would be best then.
Old 07-16-2019
Registered!!

Would I be able to get a catback and just bolt the hks axle back to the catback later down the road??
Old 07-16-2019
Registered!!

Like if I order a magnaflow catback now but buy the hks axle back let's say a few weeks or months later if I take off the exhaust tip from catback or to any exhaust is what I mean when I say that I guess lol
Old 07-16-2019
Prelude Owner

As long as the magnaflow has an axle back section that can unbolt from the rest of it which from looking at pictures looks like it does.

The Magnaflow has a nice sound too. Opening up the exhaust from the cat back really doesn't do much as far as adding power you are just changing the sound.
Old 07-16-2019
Registered!!

Yeah the power would come from removing the cat if I'm correct which I've been considering if I find a header that would bolt from the block to catback any suggestions?
Old 07-16-2019
Prelude Owner

Yeah the power would come from removing the cat if I'm correct which I've been considering if I find a header that would bolt from the block to catback any suggestions?
On a performance engine yes but on the D17 it will not add enough to put up with the noise and pollution. The only way to make quick power is to put in a stage 1 cam. At that point the engine would benefit from the headers.

Use the Google. eBay has cheap headers.
Old 07-16-2019
Registered!!

So keep the cat ?
Old 07-16-2019
Prelude Owner

So keep the cat ?
I would.

Or get a high flow cat but for the price I would just keep the OEM one.
Old 07-17-2019
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GolNat
As long as the magnaflow has an axle back section that can unbolt from the rest of it which from looking at pictures looks like it does.
Mine did not. There were three sections of pipe, the first bolted directly to the downpipe after the cat. The other two slipped into each other and then a pipe clamp was used to hold them together.
Old 07-17-2019
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
Mine did not. There were three sections of pipe, the first bolted directly to the downpipe after the cat. The other two slipped into each other and then a pipe clamp was used to hold them together.
Good to know! OP would have to get a flange welded onto the Magnaflow end or have the HKS flange cut off so it could be clamped to fit. Not worth the trouble IMO.